Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edit/add custom dictionary entries with jailbreak?

Default Edit/add custom dictionary entries with jailbreak?
    iPhone 4 (4.0.1) jailbroken with jailbreakme.com

I was wondering if it was possible to add or edit dictionary entries/words on the iPhone?
    I have OpenSSH installed.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Yup there is and you can do it on a non-jailbroken phone too. Open safari and hit the google search box. Type in the word you want to add to your dictionary then hit search. That word is now in the auto correct dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    Yup there is and you can do it on a non-jailbroken phone too. Open safari and hit the google search box. Type in the word you want to add to your dictionary then hit search. That word is now in the auto correct dictionary.
    Not exactly what I was hoping for:

My native language is Dutch and I often use some dialect words.
    For instance: when I type 'ge' (translation: 'you') it auto-corrects that entry into 'Gé' (I don't even know what that is). Really annoying issue as I use that word in nearly each text msg I send.

No matter how many times I type it in the google search box, 'ge' won't ever replace 'Gé'.

Solution?

Thanks

Oh. In that case I don't have an easy answer. Sorry after a certain number of cancels auto correct SHOULD stop trying to correct it.

There's a built in custom dictionary feature in iOS 4. I don't have an iOS 4 compatible device but if you search it there are some articles explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    There's a built in custom dictionary feature in iOS 4. I don't have an iOS 4 compatible device but if you search it there are some articles explaining it.
    I know how to enable that, but that does not work.
    When I add the word "ge" and "tis" to it, the iPhone keeps replacing it with "Gé" and "ti's".
    I really don't like it. In fact I HATE it.

Before iOS4 I could make a contact with the name "ge" and then the iPhone wouldn't replace it anymore.
    But it seems that apple removed this functionality.