Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Newb Restore & Re-Jailbreak

Question Help Newb Restore & Re-Jailbreak
    I am having some issues with FaceTime not connecting on my iP4 (4.0.1) after I JB'd with jailbreakme.com.

I have tried different wifi networks, and have even tried My3G, but I can't connect (send/receive) to a non-JB'd iP4.

So, I have dl'd AptBackup and just backup'd via iTunes.

My question is, do I restore to my iTunes backup prior to JB'ing then re-JB, or do I do a factory restore, then re-JB, and then restore to my most recent backup (the one I just did)?

Thanks

Well first, did you install the essential updates in cydia? A fix for FaceTime and mms was pushed through cydia.

I'm pretty certain that I dl'd the jailbreakme.com with the MMS & FT fixes as MMS is working sending/receiving. FT won't connect.

FT is enabled in Settings. I did the "complete upgrade" on Cydia and reset the network settings. FT still didn't connect.

Then I added the "iphonedelivery.advinux.com/cydia/" source in Cydia, and FT still won't connect.

I tried again a little while ago, and it tries to connect, but then says FT failed.

If I can find a solution to this without having to restore and re-JB, I would prefer that.

Help please!
    Last edited by jamez1; 2010-08-05 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Are you able to receive an incoming ft connection? You may have to restore to correct the issue, but when you do it would be best to choose "set up as new phone" instead of restore from backup.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

jamez1 (2010-08-05)

No, I can't receive or make a FT connection. Ok, thanks for your help!