Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie needs your help please

Default Newbie needs your help please
    I want to jailbreak and then unlock my iphone to use on tmobile. if something happens and i need to take it to the apple store, i will then restore the iphone in order to be able to get service under apple care. can apple still tell that my iphone has been jailbroken and unlocked? if apple happens to fix my problem, will i still then be able to jailbreak and unlock my iphone again after having restored it??

before i jailbreak and unlock, do i need to make sure i save something just in case something/whatever happens? sorry if these questions are too obvious, but i honestly have no clue. i need the 101 version of everything

thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do a backup and sync before you ever jailbreak or unlock, thats just for one.

For two, no. Its all software edits so a full restore will put the phone in "first day out of the box" mode.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KillTrend For This Useful Post:

modonee (2010-08-05)

how do i do that? im not kidding when i say i need the computers 101 version of everything

Thanks

To do the backup and sync all you have to do is connect your phone to the computer and it'll sync with your iTunes. If you ever have to take it to Apple and need to do a restore all you need to do is hit the restore button in iTunes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

modonee (2010-08-05)