Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 not accepting certain things?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 not accepting certain things?
    Ok, so I'm new to this whole jailbreaking thing, as I'm sure loads and loads are now that the safari hack is out. Maybe my question is an easy fix and I'm just stupid. Here goes.

I have an iPhone 4 on 4.0.1. I've been playing around with intelliscreen, irealsms, etc etc and now I want a theme. So I go download a few, and I only get like half of it. I'll get the lockscreen background, but no slider or battery. I'll get a homescreenbackground, but no status bar icons or other icon mods. I'll get sounds, but I won't get anything really *custom*. Note that I've only tried apps that come complete, no SSH needed. I figure thats a good way to start out. Can anyone tell me why I'm only getting partial themes? In my example I use the "Best Modern Warfare Theme." If that helps. But so far, not one battery charging icon works, or status bar tweak (short of changing the carrier name and banner...) Help!

Thanks

Your using winterboard to apply the themes, right? Just about every theme was written for 3.x or even lower in some cases. 4.x brought changes to the was some things work. A good example of that is all the things in the status bar not changing. As far as the slider and lockscreen battery those shouldn't be an issue. The problem is a lot of themes SAY complete, but they're not. The theme I use has custom sliders and lockscreen battery and those are working. Iglasssol, it's old but I like it. Also make sure that in winterboard the switch that says summerboard mode is set to on, as a lot of themes require it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok. I set summerboard to On. Reclicked the app theme "Best Modern Warfare Theme" and bam. I got my icons. I still have no slider. And no battery charger. I am going to go install Iglasssol and see if I can replicate what you are seeing.

-Edit- Ok, I got your theme. No dice. I still have no batter charger and no slider. I also tried a few stand alone sliders and chargers and can get neither to work.
    -Edit2- Also confirmed that I can't get a single status bar icon to work. Now some of this just may be as you said, only made to work with 3.x, but if you have an iPhone 4 running 4.0.1 and you have a slider and charger, what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by KillTrend; 2010-08-05 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks

Actually mines a 3GS on 4.0.1. So there may be a difference with how the 4's handle things on the lockscreen. Unfortunately it's prob a matter of waiting to get themes completely working on a 4. At least turning on summerboard got the icons to change.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh. Alright. I wonder if someone could direct me to a iPhone 4 4.0.1 theme and battery charger lock screen that's proven to work?

I am having the same issue, iPhone 4 on 4.0.1, things that arent working are anything on the status bar, battery charger icon, only slider that I found that worked was the volcom hd one, the sms bubbles the colors wont change no matter if it is a sms theme or just bubble colors, keyboards wont work either (different styles not languages) also the dialers wont work with or without using it from a theme or on its own. I dont know if this is because of the 4.0.1 os or because I am using and iphone 4, my friend did the same jailbreak I did he has a 3gs running on 4.0 and everything seems to work decent for him, he is having some issues but mostly everything works for him
    Last edited by krazyblond3; 2010-08-07 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks

bottombarknobgray maybe?

@jkmonkey:

that's what it was originally. i tried both with & with/o @2x.png

root>library>theme>themename>bundle>telephonyUI.fr amework>bottommbarknowgray.png
    R>L>T>TN>bundles>com.apple.telephonyUI>bottombarkn oegray.png

then i read on another forum to put it in a different path so i tried it with & w/out @2x.png

private>var>stash>themes.xxxx>themename>bundles>co m.apple.telephonyUI>bottombargray.png
    P>V>S>T.xxxx>slider (user created folder)>folder>telephonyUI.framework>bottombargray .png

I don't know what else to do, couldn't find any other help online. I'm a noob who can follow instructions but doesn't know a lick about anything else :P