Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jbme.com not working after 4.0.1 update

Default jbme.com not working after 4.0.1 update
    I downloaded the 4.0.1 update via a link on quikpwn site. updated and tried to jb via jbme.com even tried the jbme.modmyi.com mirrir to no avail. Basically after sliding to jailbreak it says this may take a while, bar fills up, and closes safari instantly.

Any suggestions?

im using a 16gb 3gs btw

see if there's no program running in multitasking, close all, restart your phone and run jailbreak again..

Thanks for posting but that did not work. Maybe jbme.com doesn't work anymore? Is there any other way to jb 4.0.1?

you know its jailbreakme.com not jbme.com right? lol

jailbreakme.com is still working

Yah I'm just lazy :-p but yah I mean jailbreakme.com not working for my 3GS. Is there any other way to jb?

Could safari be patched now to prevent jb?
    Last edited by fromunda kid; 2010-08-05 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fromunda kid View Post
    Yah I'm just lazy :-p but yah I mean jailbreakme.com not working for my 3GS. Is there any other way to jb?

Could safari be patched now to prevent jb?
    I don't think Safari is patched to prevent the jailbreak. Apple haven't released an update yet, so I would assume the jailbreak exploit still exists.

Maybe you should check out this forum thread on the matter:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/721...try-these.html

Also, maybe follow the dev-team's blog, twitter and comex's twitter (The person who created this jailbreak) to keep up to date on this jailbreak.

My suggestion is follow the solution on the thread I've linked, and restore as a clean phone, with no backup selected, and try again.

Hope that helps.