Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Downgraded 4.0 - 3.1.3

Default I Downgraded 4.0 - 3.1.3
    HEy Guys

downgraded iphone 3G back down, and when i goto to do the jail break with redsn0w, it does all the normal stuff and says the reset will take place on the phone, normally there should be the pineapple but it goes to the apple logo and starts my phone up normally and i also tried to downgrade back to 3.1.2 and use blackra1n normally where you would see geohots face the same thing just boots up normally again. any ideas, the phone works great right now as is lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

So it's working perfectly as a normal phone, but you're trying to jailbreak it?
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

Thanks

Alright then just make sure you are on 3.1.3, and then download Spirit from Spiritjb.com, plug in your iPhone, and run the Spirit.exe. Your iPhone will reboot and you will be happily jailbroken!

OMG!!! dude you are the MAN!!!! thanks

Thanks

I assume it worked?

it sure did, but i am puzzled as to why blackra1n and redsn0w didnt work?

and thanks again

Thanks

Well I know that Redsn0w was able to get some of their files onto your phone before it did a normal reset, and those foreign files may have screwed up the Blackra1n installation. These are just guesses though.