Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: comex after sn0wbreeze on 3gs

Default comex after sn0wbreeze on 3gs
    I am already running a tethered jailbroken 4.0 on a 3gs (newer bootrom). I used sn0wbreeze to do so. When I go to JailbreakMe, it tells me it looks like my phone is already jailbroken and it may be dangerous to do so.

But.... I did it anyway. I haven't found much in the way of any forum that discusses the new comex jailbreak (I must be looking in the wrong places because I expected that to be everywhere, including here) and I was hoping it would leave me with a non-tethered jailbroken phone (nowhere could I find info about this). I rebooted, was in recovery mode and re-ran ibooty to get out and it worked fine.

ie, I see zero difference between before and after running the new jailbreak from comex. Is comex untethered for newer bootroms?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Restore to 4.0.1 then activate in iTunes.. then jailbreak with jailbreakme and you will be untethered. You NEVER jailbreak on top of an existing jailbreak.

oops. I did the jailbreak over the jailbreak because I saw that comex said 'it supports blackra1n jailbroken phones and phones messed up with the spirit JB'. I assumed that meant you were jailbreaking over blackra1n so figured it was OK. In any case, it worked out in the end.

Thanks for the help, I will go about it the way you recommend.