Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone stuck in reboot with apple logo

Default Phone stuck in reboot with apple logo
    I did the jailbreakme.com jailbreak and was loving life for about a day and a half. Yesterday, after installing iconolasm and trying to get it to work my phone got stuck in a reboot loop of some sort. about every 5 minutes it makes a little sound the circle (working logo) spins again but it is just stuck. When I plug it into my computer itunes syncs like there's nothing wrong.

What's the best way to kick it ou of this loop and make it boot???

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Uninstall iconoclasm, it does not support 4.0 yet. Even on 3.x.x it can be buggy.

If you cant get the phone to boot can you SSH in to remove it?

if the phone won't boot, I'm not sure how I can SSH in to it.....

Thanks

You will have a window during boot when SSH will work.

Ok, so forgive my ignorance, but what is that "window" and don't I have to have openssh on my phone or something.... On my old phone I used winscp and connected over wifi to it.... but obviously since it won't boot I have no idea what the phone's ip address would be.....

Thanks

Hmm, that does make it tricky, if you dont have SSH installed (it's one of the first things I always install) I think your going to have to restore.

So when I connect to my main computer (the one it's more synced with) I can get the phone to come up in iphonebroweser..... so what exactly do you think I need to remove before I end up just restoring.... because I'd rather not do that....

I fugured it out..... I had to remove the /library/mobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/Iconoclasm.dylib file.... Once I did that, it rebooted perfectly.....
    Last edited by mj0470; 2010-08-04 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost