Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did my Spirit jailbreak work?

Default Did my Spirit jailbreak work?
    I used Spirit to jailbreak my iphone 3g and all seemed to go well except that when I use either Ifun or Iphone browser, I can't access the root directory as they both tell me that my phone hasn't been jailbroken. I have Cydia installed, winterboard, and a host of other apps all installed and everything seems to work ok. So my question is did the Spirit jailbreak work or did it not install something that it shoild have? When I turn the phone on, it loads up like it always has but I've read some posts that lead me to believe that some type of "Spirit" loading screen is supposed to come up and I've never seen that. Thanks again.

install "afc2add" in cydia. spirit doesn't install this but the dev team jailbreaks do.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Go into cydia and add afc2add and it will work

Gonna give it a shot right now! Thanks again and will let Ya know how it works out.

Worked like a charm! I gotta give thanks to ya'll as that was the fastest help I have EVER got on ANY forum. Period. Thanks everyone for the help.
    Last edited by Bayoublaster400; 2010-08-04 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

No problem