Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB iOS4: Icons in disarray following sync with iTunes?

Exclamation JB iOS4: Icons in disarray following sync with iTunes?
    Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I've jailbroken my iPhone 4 which has been great, the only issue is that each time I synchronise my phone to iTunes it resets all the icons so they are scattered everywhere, outside of their folders, across 5 or 6 pages. I think it occurs particularly when I tick a new app to sync but am pretty sure the first time it happened I just wanted to do a simple sync. I didn't have Wifi Sync at the time (which has caused my iTunes to crash on this occasion and previously with my jailbroken 3GS). I only have installed compatible iOS4 cydia app to minimize any strange issues that may come about.

Anyway I'm going to restore and rejailbreak hoping that I won't have that problem anymore.

Thanks for your advice in advance, cheers!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Wifi sync is awful imo, I wouldn't use it. Try without.

Yeah I did, no difference. I'm now trying to restore my phone, downloaded the IPSW externally to iTunes, that just froze half way. Did it through iTunes (downloading the IPSW that way took ages) and its still freezing at the same point. Currently restoring back to the firmware I had at the time of purchase (iPhone3,1_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw) so I'm not sure why it isn't working.

Is there anything else I can try?