Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Signal drop after jailbreaking iOS4

Default Signal drop after jailbreaking iOS4
    Hi! i have a 3gs 16gb previously jailbroken with spirit. just restore to 4.0.1. then use jailbreakme to jailbreak. after jailbreak notice the following:

1) Apple icon boot screen has a line of white pixel & a loading ring on the apple logo. is this normal?
    2) signal drop to 1 or 2 bar & sometimes searching for signal or no signal. whats wrong how to solve this?
    3) many cydia sources previously working now not working.

1. yes this is the code which the jailbreak uses this is normall.
    2. strange I didnt have this problem. give it a day or 2.
    3. not everything in cydia works in ios4 like liveclock and things like that and everyone is jailbreaking so it is busy. just wait awhile and hopefully everything should be working

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dtox2008 For This Useful Post:

wolvie77 (2010-08-04)

Quote Originally Posted by dtox2008 View Post
    1. yes this is the code which the jailbreak uses this is normall.
    2. strange I didnt have this problem. give it a day or 2.
    3. not everything in cydia works in ios4 like liveclock and things like that and everyone is jailbreaking so it is busy. just wait awhile and hopefully everything should be working
    Appreciate yr reply. about pt 3 is that when i key in all the sources, all appear as a question mark.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Can you browse the internet ok from the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Will01 View Post
    Can you browse the internet ok from the phone?
    yup. can browse. after reseting network now it shows either 1 or 2 bar or if i'm lucky an occasional 3 bar. never full bar

Somebody said to me that the bars in 4.0.1 on the 3gs look less even though the signals still the same because of the iphone 4 bar fix. Dont know wether its BS or not. But yeah my bars are the same.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well I do know that apple acknowledged the algorithm used to calculate signal bars was wrong and this was fixed in iOS4.0.1 so unless that's it. But I thought that only affected i4, cant check as I dont run iOS4 on my 3GS and probably never will as I hate it, lol.