Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is it safe to update in appstore?

Default is it safe to update in appstore?
    this is a noob question. on my icon for appstore ther is a number 1 on the upper right corner. is it safe to update? thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Sure, go for it. Just an app update.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

goliath6900 (2010-08-04)

i see. thank you very much for the reply.

Only the OS updates from iTunes are dangerous for jailbroken devices, any other updates that are done within the device are safe (until apple starts OTA updates haha)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

goliath6900 (2010-08-04)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Also worth mentioning: Do not update iTunes versions on your desktops either till the devs give an ok.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

You have to have "purchased" the app in order to update. You can update with the new ********** 3.x

Thanks

Really?. This person wasn't talking about cracked apps. They were worried in general of updating anyhting and losing a jailbreak.

Talk about cracked apps/warez/piracy is not allowed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

goliath6900 (2010-08-06)

I am rather new to these forums. I got to learn to keep my mouth shut. Sorry.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

U r not allowed to even TALK about piracy? What about all the conversation about the future cloud based iTunes...?And everyones worries about their "pirated" music not being able to sync with a cloud iTunes...I don't see anyone being reprimanded in that conversation.

So the general policy here is... Piracy is okay if it's music, but if it has anything to do with software, it can't even be mentioned in a post... Double standard? Perhaps if this site was full of musicians (instead of software developers, etc) the rules of what is "allowed" to be talked about would be different. Pretty ridiculous if u ask me.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iLoveWindows&iPhone For This Useful Post:

DavePsychonaut (2010-08-04), devilpupv (2010-08-04)

Thanks

How do you know if we have punished anyone or not. Only mods know who gets infractions and warnings. So some of them could very well have been warned via infraction notices.

There a thread warning in that one now.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-08-04 at 12:27 PM.

@CeRo I do not know if you are responding to iLoveWindows but a reprimand is simply a scold or to tell them their wrongs, which you did to me. I find it interesting that you did that as well. As you can tell I am a noob to these forums and did not want to get into a pissing contest. That being said on your "Apps compatible with iphone 4" threat there are many examples or piracy. Take for instance this one

"- iBlacklist (as long as you use the newest OFFICIAL version 4.0)"

And no one tells these people anything; yet you have the audacity to come on here and tell me?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

@devilpupv

Just be careful, especially when it comes to anything to do with the app u mentioned in your post. That app is seen as Satan here, so just don't mention it at all, especially to a newb. Modmyi does not want to associate themselves with piracy, because that associates jailbreaking in general with piracy... And that's a bad image, and the LAST thing the DEV team wants. It would be nice if we could discuss piracy here ( as many people have interest) but it's not tolerated, by the mods and many users.

Just some friendly advice!!

P.S......Don't make enemies with MODS!
    Last edited by iLoveWindows&iPhone; 2010-08-04 at 11:53 PM.

Thanks

You know how many times in any of the "compatible with x.x" threads I have to repeat myself on no talking about piracy? I do it several times. Also as mentioned before there are times that we give "verbal" warnings to a whole thread with a post, which everyone can see. And there are times we resort to infractions, which only the mods and the user being infracted know.

The "verbal" one like I did in this thread was just a reminder type.

ilovewindows I answered part of your other post on that in the cloud thread today.

Ilovewindows is right though. Modmyi is a source for iphone and Apple news and infromation. Talking or letting others teach others how to pirate items just kills creditibility of mmi being that to other places. Also as he said jailbreaking is not about piracy; it is about setting your phone free to do what you want. Which was made official legal; as piracy is still punishable by law.

Also if you see a post about piracy please let us know by reporting the post with the yellow button under the username.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-08-05 at 12:54 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

goliath6900 (2010-08-06)