Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I rgret jailbreaking and Unlocking!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Default I rgret jailbreaking and Unlocking!!!!
    I'm onbe to say, I hate that I upgraded to 4.0 w/ multitasking on my 3Gs. Reason being, my battery percentage literally drains 1% like every 10-15mins. I mean its absolutely ridiculous!!! I've killed all running apps in Multitask, and even have sbsettings installed and killed running apps there, but something still eating the battery. I've turned push off, location services off, and still don't know what the heck is going on. Any other suggestions you guys think?
    Behind every successful man is a surprised woman

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Did you setup as new or restore from backup?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

does it make a big differece cero? and why? my fav thing about the ip4 is the battery

Thanks

It used to be if your backup was from a jailbroken device it would carry over some code from the previous jailbreak that may cause issues, such as status bar issues and battery drain.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

floppy_joe (2010-08-04)

Thanks

This always seems to happen to me when I jailbreak my 3GS. I've found the battery isn't really daraining that fast, but the phone just reports that it is. To fix that I let the battery drain until the phone shuts off, it happens at 1%. Then I plug it in and let it charge unused over night. In the morning while it's still plugged in, and at 100%, I do a hard reboot. There's a noticeable diffence in the battery drain time after that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

floppy_joe (2010-08-04)

interesting. I gave my 3gs to my wife when i got the 4 and I havent jb hers again. Maybe I will and try that trick. I did set her uo as new so it will be a fresh jb.

Thanks

Yup, always seem to have a problem no matter what jailbreak I used blackra1n, spirit, custom fw.... Once I get everything installed and put back together I do the completely drain thing, and the battery goes back to normal. Seems like something during the whole process causes the battery reporting to get out of sync with the real amount of battery charge.

What tipped me off that the battery wasn't really draining that fast was that if I plugged it in I gained @40% charge in about ten minutes. Lol
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-08-04 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Reconditioning the battery helps too; which is what jkmonkey is describing.

Let the phone die completly. Then put it on the charger for 12+ hours. It should show better. I always do this on weekends because I have off and don't worry about answering my cell most of the time.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Apple actually recommends this periodically. It's a known issue with all/most rechargeable batteries

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Also immediately after you jailbreak most users spend A LOT more time messing with their phone in Cydia and downloading themes and tweaking their phone so all that extra use drains the battery quick. After this initial set up period your battery will last longer again. Always set up as new as suggested above though. Good luck.

yes, most should know about the battery reconditioning but what jk is saying i do a hard reboot after reconditioning to make sure the battery usage is in sync with the actual charge.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

jkmonkey (2010-08-04)