Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Help - Packages Not Downloading

Default Cydia Help - Packages Not Downloading
    Hi guys, before I begin I just want to point out that I am using an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.1 and jailbroken with JailbreakMe.

Here's what's going on, I jailbroke my iPhone yesterday evening and everything went smooth. I had to try multiple times because the servers were cramped but after about half an hour of waiting I got through and Cydia was installed on my iDevice. I launched Cydia and it was ridiculously slow to load the information, not Cydia itself. I then proceeded to add a source was receiving errors and such.

I noticed no main sources were working such as Big Boss or Saurik. I thought this was occurring because of all the people using the servers or something of that sort. So today I tried to launch Cydia and it started up fine and it said "Downloading Packages" for a min or so. After that I grew tired or waiting and just let my phone sit for about 20minutes download packages. Nothing had been downloaded and I had to cancel because I didn't want to lose battery life.

I just went back to Cydia right now and it still sits on the "Downloading Packages" notification. I know it's trying to reach the main ones for Winterboard, CyDelete, etc.

How do I fix this?

Bump,

Anyone have an idea what's going on? Without these sources jailbreaking is completely useless.
    Last edited by Assassin_M16; 2010-08-04 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Are you sure your sources have been updated for iOS4? Have you rebooted your phone since launching cydia the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by BeachLivin88 View Post
    Are you sure your sources have been updated for iOS4? Have you rebooted your phone since launching cydia the first time?
    Yes sir, multiple times.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I was having alot of errors in cydia with updating and sources, but it wasn't as bad as yours, if it's still not working tomorrow, I think you should re-jailbreak
    Last edited by Will13; 2010-08-04 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will13 View Post
    I was having alot of errors in cydia with updating and sources, but it essential as bad as yours, if it's still not working tomorrow, I think you should re-jailbreak
    I see, sorry if this question sounds pretty dumb but I've never experienced this before so, should I restore my iPhone first then Jailbreak? Or just attempt to re-jailbreak from JailbreakMe?

You should restore to wipe it clean, then re-jailbreak.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Nope it isn't dumb, and I didn't have the problem when my old 3GS was on 3.1.3, but anyway, yeah restore in iTunes before re-jailbreaking

The problem i been having is that i add a source, then after that I go to changes and all of the packages appear correctly. Then I add another source and go to changes and hit refresh and now the first source packages disappear from the changes tab and only the second source packages appear but when I go to the sources and I open the first source or use the search button the packages are still there. I did not have this problem with 3.1.3 I'm running a 3GS new bootrom with ios 4.01 jailbroken at jailbreakme.com

Any help or suggestions?