Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Other Methods to Speed Up Jailbroken Phone?

  1. #1
    Default Other Methods to Speed Up Jailbroken Phone?
    Are there any other methods to speed up a jailbroken phone? I've SSH'd and deleted the files that are safe to delete (and even some optional ones). I even use Processes under SBS to clear processes being used. It's still running slightly slow though. Anything else I can do? I really don't have much installed.

    3G Unrestrictor
    Bite SMS
    BossPaper
    Winterboard
    Cydia
    iFile

    Not much at all.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortedTruth View Post
    Are there any other methods to speed up a jailbroken phone? I've SSH'd and deleted the files that are safe to delete (and even some optional ones). I even use Processes under SBS to clear processes being used. It's still running slightly slow though. Anything else I can do? I really don't have much installed.

    3G Unrestrictor
    Bite SMS
    BossPaper
    Winterboard
    Cydia
    iFile

    Not much at all.
    I don't see how you can speed up the 3G on the IOS 4.0.1. I would refer back to the shsh files 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 and re-jailbreak. This will allow your phone to run smoothly and quickly. The 3G processor can't handle the new IOS 4.0 firmware. That is my opinion.

    (Hit the thanks button if this helps)
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to elcaptain0069 For This Useful Post:

    DistortedTruth (2010-08-03)

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by elcaptain0069 View Post
    I don't see how you can speed up the 3G on the IOS 4.0.1. I would refer back to the shsh files 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 and re-jailbreak. This will allow your phone to run smoothly and quickly. The 3G processor can't handle the new IOS 4.0 firmware. That is my opinion.

    (Hit the thanks button if this helps)
    I honestly don't want to spend the time to go back to 3.1.3. It's fast enough but sometimes hits a little slow patch. It's actually faster than my iPhone was when I hadn't jailbroken it and it was on 3.1.3 with barely anything. I'll deal. I'll check and see if those files reappeared in SSH.

    Could it possibly be because I have a Wallpaper set to my Home Screen, but I also have other Wallpapers set with BossPaper? Could that be it?

    If so, is there any way to remove that other wallpaper?
    Last edited by DistortedTruth; 2010-08-03 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #4
    I don't think that the wallpaper is doing it either... It is the enhancements within the IOS firmware. All the people I know with the 3G iphones went back to the 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 firmware because of the speed issue. I mean you can try to remove the wallpaper, but I don't think that will solve your problem. You will probably just have to deal if you want it at IOS 4.0.1.

    (hit the thanks button if this helps)
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by elcaptain0069 View Post
    I don't think that the wallpaper is doing it either... It is the enhancements within the IOS firmware. All the people I know with the 3G iphones went back to the 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 firmware because of the speed issue. I mean you can try to remove the wallpaper, but I don't think that will solve your problem. You will probably just have to deal if you want it at IOS 4.0.1.

    (hit the thanks button if this helps)
    It helped a little actually, lol. But yah, I know. I just spent yesterday AND today trying to get my jailbreak and theme how I want it. I really don't want to have to do it over. I'll wait until Christmas when I get the iPhone 4.

  7. #6
    HomeScreen Wallpaper + Multitasking on the iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G makes said devices run slower

    (hit thanks if it helped you!)
    Quote:from DistortedTruth
    I honestly don't want to spend the time to go back to 3.1.3. It's fast enough but sometimes hits a little slow patch. It's actually faster than my iPhone was when I hadn't jailbroken it and it was on 3.1.3 with barely anything. I'll deal. I'll check and see if those files reappeared in SSH.

    Could it possibly be because I have a Wallpaper set to my Home Screen, but I also have other Wallpapers set with BossPaper? Could that be it?

    If so, is there any way to remove that other wallpaper?
    Last edited by Taizjon; 2010-08-08 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #7
    the only way 3g will run normaly is the way apple wanted it to be no homescreen backround no multitasking and definatly no cydia apps running in the background such as you have mentioned ...
    even then it won't run as fast as you desire ...

    if you want ios4 to run smoothly 3gs and above is the only answer for jailbroken phone.
    send from my s-phone.

  9. #8
    As has been said already the 3G processor can't handle iOS4. Had to downgrade my 3G to 3.1.2 works much faster!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •