Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia not allowing me to add any sources...

Default Cydia not allowing me to add any sources...
    Ever since I updated to 4.0.1 from 3.1.3 on my 3gs, I've been having an issue adding sources to cydia. At first I thought it was the source was screwy, but I tried other sources and they all end up doing the same thing:

They just stay stuck on that and never complete. Anyone else having similar issues?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Was this done by manually adding the source under manage? Or was it a package you selected?
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the exact same problem right now. This happens with both servers I try to add manually and those I can download straight from Cydia. Would love to hear an explanation. I have reset all settings on phone, cleared cache in Safari. No change.

I would really appreciate any kind of guidance. Thanks.

EDIT: iPhone 4 using 4.0.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Happens both ways eh? I was hoping manually adding them might fix it, guess not.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bump. Anyone else with any ideas about what's going on here?

The problem i been having is that i add a source, then after that I go to changes and all of the packages appear correctly. Then I add another source and go to changes and hit refresh and now the first source packages disappear from the changes tab and only the second source packages appear but when I go to the sources and I open the first source or use the search button the packages are still there. I did not have this problem with 3.1.3 I'm running a 3GS new bootrom with ios 4.01 jailbroken at jailbreakme.com

Any help or suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, well I sort of may have fixed the problem, but I don't know what help my experience is going to be. First, I did another full restore (very annoying since aptbackup didn't work!). As I started to install sources, at first, there was no problem, then, after about 2 went in fine, I started having the exact same issues. After messing with it for hours, for some reason I decided to go to Cydia=>Sections=>Repositories=>All Sources, and go ahead and install everything. This appeared to have the same issues as the first, with me having to reboot the phone to get it out of the frozen screen pictured at the top of this page. However, after I turned on the phone again, most (not all) of the repos that I'd been trying to load (that had NOT been included in All Sources) had suddenly appeared and are now usable. I'd still like to know what this bug is and get it fixed so that I can do exactly what I want, but for now I have what I need, I guess.

Well it looks like I didn't have the "Mobile Substrates" package installed. Cydia prompted me to install this, and once I had it in everything worked. See if you have that installed.

I have this same issue too!! Mobile substrate is installed as well... any fix ?