Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone screwed after jailbreak

Default iphone screwed after jailbreak
    iphone 3gs, new boot rom, 4.0

Jailbroke at jailbreakme.com and everything went fine. it was jailbroke and cydia worked fine. I shut down the phone and it came back on just fine. I plugged in to itunes and it froze.

I put the phone in DFU mode and tried to restore and itunes gives me an error that says iPhone can not be restored. What the hell is going on?

I tried letting itunes upgrade to newest FW but it still failed.

Now when I try to start iphone it just hangs on the apple logo.

What do I do? I need my phone back!

When you tried to restore did you click restore or shift-click restore. You should shift-click restore and update to 4.0.1 Then rejailbreak. Dwonlaod the firmware from iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What was the error number?
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You can just put into recovery mode by holding power and home till the iTunes logo comes up. Try upgrading your iTunes to 9.2.1 first also.

i had that problem make sure you save the file as .ipsw as itunes doesnt know it when its .zip that should sort it out

I tried recovery and dfu mode, neither worked. The ipsw was saved as ipsw so that wasn't the issue.

I told a friend about it and he told me to create a new itunes account and try it that way. I told him that he was retarded beyond belief, that it had nothing to do with my itunes account.
    At my wits end I made a new itunes account and plugged in the phone.

new account + iphone = working iphone

I couldn't believe it. Why did this make a difference?

-on a side note I did tell my friend that he was no longer retarded beyond belief.