Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Very New

Default Very New
    I know this probably looks like the same posting other's have done before but I cannot find a good thread to answer my question in "english".

I just jaibroke on JailbreakMe and I have the Cydia icon on my phone. I've been looking at this forum for about an hour now trying to figure out what to do next on my iPhone 3g to get custom themes and I keep seeing the word Winterboard thrown around. I went to Cydia and downloaded this app but nothing showed up on my phone after it completed, and even after I rebooted the phone.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or if this has already been answered for a 3G can you point me to the right thread? Thanks.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Check in settings at the bottom, if it's not there re-install

Check in settings at the bottom of what (sorry I'm that much of a newb)? Cydia? I tried downloading winterboard and there's no icon for that on my phone.

Thanks

Go into settings and then winterboard if it not on ur springboard...

If not on either re-install

Since re-install seemed to be the theme of both your answers I tried that and it worked. Thanks so much! :-)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

No problem, just ask if you need anything else

I think I need something else, lol. Now that I have winterboard and select themes I see a list of stuff but when I select "check" things and go back to the homescreen nothing has changed.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You have to click respring in the top left corner of winterboard for them to take affect

Nice, I think I just downloaded my first theme, but I don't like it, lol. Thanks again Will.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Again no problem, also I recommend the Final Fantasy Advent Childen theme if you like FF