Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFile issue

Default iFile issue
    I'm looking to download a DEB file (for the PDF security hole issue) and want to use iFile to install it. I've tried attaching the file to an email and opening it with iFile from the Mail app. I've also tried adding the file to DropBox and opening the file with iFile from it as well.

However, whenever I click open "open with iFile" it does nothing. I originally installed iFile, but didn't purchase it. Thinking this may have been the issue, I went ahead and spent the $4 to fully purchase iFile. But, after successfully registering my purchase, nothing changed.

I'm currently running iOS 4.0.1 on my 3GS. Does anyone have a possible solution to this issue? It would be much appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You should be able to install it with iFile. Try copying the file from your computer to the phone with iFunbox. Place the file in the /var/mobile/ folder. Then on the phone, open up iFile, navigate to the folder and click on the file. Then choose the 'Installer' option that pops up.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

you could just SSH to /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall and drop the Deb file there. Reboot your device and it should be installed!