Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't add sources. Stops at Downloading Packages. HELP!

I can't change the list, it won't open right (I get all these funky symbols and stuff).

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah, it does that but the words are in there!!!
    Do a search with the file open
    Start with xsell... Find all traces of that word and delete them.
    And then the next source do the same. Don't forget to save it once your done.

Remember to only do it for manually installed sources!!

Any update on this fella?
    Last edited by skiptowncat; 2010-08-03 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    If you are ALWAYS getting errors about sources when opening Cydia (even when downloading things from WORKING repos). And Cydia wont let you delete the source, because its not there... This is the guide for YOU...

If you dont complete all these steps, the "bad repo" will come back to haunt you later..so complete them all!
    (Some have been listed here before, but you need to do ALL the steps to get rid of it for good)

Step 1:

* Navigate to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d and delete all files that contain the offending repo in the filename.
    * Open cydia.list for editing.
    * You will see lines that look like deb http://somerepo.url/ ./ Remove the line that has the offending repo url.
    * Save the file.

Step 2:

* Navigate to /private/var/lib/apt/list and delete all files that contain the offending repo in the filename.

Step 3:

* Navigate to /private/var/lib/apt/list/partial and delete all files that contain the offending repo in the filename.

Step 4:

* Navigate to /private/var/lib/cydia and open the metadata.plist for editing.
    * Ctrl+F (or similar) for your offending repo url and delete all instances of it (it may appear more than once in the file).
    * Save the file.

And there you go, Nice Clean Cydia... With NO Errors.

citric, on 14 May 2010 - 03:04 PM, said:
    Hey citric, I found a solution to your problem that might also help other people.

SSH into your iPod
    1. navigate to /private/var/lib/apt/lists/.
    2. Delete all files except the folder "partial". If your on the computer you can back them up just in case.
    3. Open Cydia and refresh your sources.

This does help, but the only SURE way is to do all the steps I have listed above.
    Please I need ur help I followed all rules and the whole procedure...except now I accidentally deleted the Partial file..... Please help or send me a text message please at [Edit]
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-08-17 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Safety

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

For your own safety and privacy I have removed your phone number. Not always a good idea to post your phone number on a forum.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-08-17 at 05:46 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarl180 View Post
    Please I need ur help I followed all rules and the whole procedure...except now I accidentally deleted the Partial file..... Please help or send me a text message please at [Edit]
    Just create a new folder and name it partial!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12