Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Change Default SSH Password on iPhone4

Default How to Change Default SSH Password on iPhone4
    How does a neewbie do this without mobileterminal (which does not seem to be working). Note, I do not know how to load files through SSH, so if that is the solution, please describe specifically how to do it. Thanks for all your help in advance.

On Iphone 4
    Cydia --> Search --> Openssh and install it!

Use Winscp connect to Ip address IPHONE 4---> terminal
    type : passwd

I don't know if this happens of iPhone 4 but if you install OpenSSH and open Cydia, a box will come up letting you change your SSH password. I hope this works for you.

I'm on the right track. Installed OpenSSH. Installed WinSCP. Followed these directions.
    SSH on Windows - ModMyi - Wiki
    Exerything worked until I tried the Control + P. Received Error that could not find putty.exe file. Ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyaln View Post
    I'm on the right track. Installed OpenSSH. Installed WinSCP. Followed these directions.
    SSH on Windows - ModMyi - Wiki
    Exerything worked until I tried the Control + P. Received Error that could not find putty.exe file. Ideas?
    Download putty! Should be the first item on the list if you google it. I'm not really sure why they are using WinSCP to do this when really they're just using it to get to logged into putty (when you could log in directly from putty).