Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brick iPhone - Please Help!

Default Brick iPhone - Please Help!
    I was trying to enabled my MMS and after installing sinfulrepo MMS&Tehter for 3Gs. I went to reset my Network Settings I got the apple logo. It was stuck for hours until my boyfriend was able to get it to connect to iTunes. My 3Gs was 3.1.2os and I wasn't able to save my SHSH file onto Cydia's server and since my computer is has iTunes 64bit I couldn't install TinyUmbrella to backup my SHSH. Now when I try to restore and update my phone iTunes says it's timed out. Can someone please help me I am very desperate and I dont know what to do if I'm out of luck. I just got this phone a few days ago too.

Note: If I was able to restore my phone,can I still try to attempt to save my SHSH file of the 3.1.2os? I have the ECID and I can try to download TinyUmbrella on a XP computer.

Thanks in advance for any advice given!!! *bows*

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You cannot save 3.1.2 shsh blogs now, once Apple has stopped signing that firmware, if you don't have it saved , it is gone. Now the latest firmware is 4.0.1 which is jailbreakable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

pimpsterritard (2010-08-08)

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    You cannot save 3.1.2 shsh blogs now, once Apple has stopped signing that firmware, if you don't have it saved , it is gone. Now the latest firmware is 4.0.1 which is jailbreakable
    I am stuck on the emergency call screen and it says that I need a valid sim to activate the phone. Can I use redsn0w to jailbreak this and use the 4.0.1 ispw to jb? then go use ultrasn0w to unlock it? I only have a Tmobile sim card

just update from itunes without internet so u dont get the timeout error by shift/restoring then go to jailbreakme.com on your iphone safari and let it jailbreak and download ultrasn0w from cydia

6. The Following User Says Thank You to techboywii For This Useful Post:

pimpsterritard (2010-08-08)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pimpsterritard View Post
    I am stuck on the emergency call screen and it says that I need a valid sim to activate the phone. Can I use redsn0w to jailbreak this and use the 4.0.1 ispw to jb? then go use ultrasn0w to unlock it? I only have a Tmobile sim card
    You cannot use Redsn0w to jailbreak 4.0.1 for 3GS. You need to activate it first and then jailbreak with jailbreakme.com from Safari.