Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Winterboard Wackiness

Default iPhone 4 Winterboard Wackiness
    As everyone knows, the iPhone 4 jailbreak by comex was just released in the form of JailbreakMe. However, there are a multitude of problems, sbsettings works, ********** works, but winterboard... not so much. There are a few themes out there already for the iphone, complete with hi res (114x114) icons for the retina display. However, winterboard acts as if it is running on a 3Gs and just doubles the icons size. I even tried making my own test theme with a few icons via SSH but I ran into the same problem. Does anyone know of a fix for this or if saurik is gonna do something about it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thelilgrant For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (2010-08-03)

use ifile or SSH into the device and /var/stash/Themes/xxxx.theme and check that the hi-res icons have "@2x" after the name, i.e. [email protected]

Default Tried That
    Yeahh, I tried that, I put a normal png file and a hi res @2x png, but it would always use the lower res one.

I'm having a similar issue. I downloaded the Apple Wallpaper theme that you can name your images numerically 1-xx and it uses a javascript line to change the lockscreen wallpaper everytime you lock the phone. The problem is, it displays hi-res 480x960 images in the old resolution so you are zoomed into only part of the image on the lockscreen. If I just select a high-res image from Settings for the lock screen, works fine. I also tried adding @2x to png files but it still doesn't display them in the correct resolution.

<!--
    Wallpaper and Lockscreen random cycler
    Author: Jay Zhang (AKA moogoat)
    -->
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><html><head>
    <script src="configuration.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.write('<style type="text/css">body{background: black url('+LOCK_WALLPATH+(((new Date()).getTime()%LOCK_WPNUM)+1)+'@2x.'+LOCK_IMGTY PE+');}</style>');
    </script>
    </head>
    <body>
    </body></html>

as far as the icons go I've found that if I still use 60x60 icons but add @2x they do work. However that's not ideal for resolution I'm sure.

adding the @2x on the dock however doesn't work. The size needs to be doubled, AND @2x added... so it should be 640x182
    Last edited by Glycereine; 2010-08-11 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The "I" word or discussing cracked apps is not allowed here. I know you werent discussing cracked apps but just for future reference the mods dont take these things lightly. Just trying to pre warn you, Im not nagging at ya. Lol

er... not sure what was said wrong...

anyways if the image size is doubled other issues arise, so that doesn't quite work. 640x91 works without moving the docked icons but then your dock image is way smaller than before and only goes part way through the docked icons

I'm very surprised I can't find any thread where Saurick is confirming what the issues are with IOS 4+iPhone 4 and an estimate on when he will address them? I'm sure he is very very busy, but I'm sure he's smart enough to know technically what the issues are and to just confirm it in a post, would take like 10 minutes of his time. But I'm not going to nag him since the app is free.

well winterboard itself really doesn't have any issues with ios4 or iphone 4 that I have seen. However I'm having to rework my themes. That doesn't mean the app is broken, in fact it's working fine for everything I've redone, but the files are in different places and with different names... so that's on us users for the most part .