Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The millionth jailbreak question: From 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 or 4.0 then jailbreak?

Default The millionth jailbreak question: From 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 or 4.0 then jailbreak?
    Hi everyone

I know you are suppose to visit the website to do the online jailbreak like in the old day.

However my question is this:

Is it possible to do an upgrade and then visit the site? If so how?

Please correct me if i am wrong, but the way i understand it, the process goes like this:

1) Restore and upgrade to 4.0 or 4.0.1 through itune.
    1b) The restore process above lock the iphone and need an activation before the screen become active.
    2) Visit the jailbreak website to jailbreak and unlock.

How do i get from step 1b to step 2? Am i missing something in the equation here? Or is this an OS4 jailbreak only (no unlock)?

JailbreakMe will jailbreak 4.0 as well as 4.0.1 and many older firmwares.
    Then you add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to cydia and download the unlock

The unlock for iPhone 4 is coming out very soon, but the unlock for iPhone 3g and 3gs is there

That part I understand, but doesn't the iphone lock up after a restore? As it in will show the screen that said "connect to itune to activate"

How can I get past that part without having an ATT sim?

Currently I have a 3GS (on Tmobile with the spirit unlock), and a 4G (on ATT), however due to the new size i can't put the 4g sim into the 3GS to get past that first part.

Is there any work around?

Thanks

Oh, I'm not sure, as far as I can tell no, but I would be interested to know if someone can reply. Other jailbreaks will "hacktivate" your phone, but I'm not sure if the new redsn0w does it or not..

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Get a phonebook sim card.

Try searching the forums before you post questions like this. There is a lengthy thread dedicated to this exact issue!!