Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newb Question

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Newb Question
    I bought an unlocked iphone 3G 8GB, worked flawlessly for a year or so.One day it froze while listening to music..after several google searches i reset the device. Now all i get is "no SIM card installed" - "insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate phone"

Some guy in the paper here said he can do it for 60 bucks...can this be done by myself? or is this phone junked now? i have switched over to a BB now as i need a phone but i really hate doing a battery pull every 20 mins..please help.
    I searched on here and i read ALOT of post's on how to use certian programs but no links provided or steps on how to even use the files. I do have some PC knowledge so any help or pointed in the right direction would help.
    By the way i am not to sure what OS system it was on and my home PC is windows.

thx Joe
    Last edited by jmbuhler; 2010-08-02 at 09:54 PM.

I've heard from a lot of people that you can just restore and activate with basicly any sim card including a "phonebook sim card" but I don't know what they are, lol. Then you can jailbreak and unlock with Ultrasn0w.