Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JAILBREAKME.COM + Push

Default JAILBREAKME.COM + Push
    Hi I was well looking forward to getting this new Jailbreak from JailbreakME.com today but since I have done it on my iphone 4 and 3gs both running iOS4, I have experienced some problems already.

My First problem is the boot up screen, there is funny lines on the black of the screen (nothing to do with the phone it is brand new) the second is my WhatsApp and other applications that use Push notifications, I do not get them (IS THERE A FIX?) 3rd is the cydia, why does it take so long to download packages etc is there something wrong with the WIFI.

On the 3GS the MMS has disappeared and the fix for that is not working and doesnt fix it.

The Jailbreak is amazing but are these problems going to be fixed, also....is anyone else experiencing these problems??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaiz02 View Post
    Hi I was well looking forward to getting this new Jailbreak from JailbreakME.com today but since I have done it on my iphone 4 and 3gs both running iOS4, I have experienced some problems already.

My First problem is the boot up screen, there is funny lines on the black of the screen (nothing to do with the phone it is brand new) the second is my WhatsApp and other applications that use Push notifications, I do not get them (IS THERE A FIX?) 3rd is the cydia, why does it take so long to download packages etc is there something wrong with the WIFI.

On the 3GS the MMS has disappeared and the fix for that is not working and doesnt fix it.

The Jailbreak is amazing but are these problems going to be fixed, also....is anyone else experiencing these problems??
    The boot screen lines are simply part of how the JB is implemented, nothing to worry about.

Have you checked that your notifications are still turned on? Have you re-jb to see if it fixes these problems?

Cydia is quite probably experiencing higher than normal traffic. Hence the slowdown, it wasnt exactly fast to begin with.

In re of MMS, try re-jailbreaking, it should fix this.

I have just went to re JB but it says doing it again could cause harm, Im just wondering if there is a fix or will there be a fix, have you done your iphone yet?

i broke my iphone last night during all the traffic. took a while but was able to get it working. my wifi is working fine, along with my push. mms also is working, all i had to do wwas update cydia and then i could go in and add my tmobile info. i'm not quite sure what to tell you besides potentially try again. i've seen a lot of people get the mms working as well as the lines going away after updating cydia, so if that isn't working maybe there is something going on with your jailbreak.

good luck!

My push notifications do work after jailbreaking my iPhone 4 running 4.01, but they seem to be delayed by about 5-20 minutes, not sure if this is related to jailbreak or problems on the push server.

Update: Tested it with Meebo, push notifications seem to be working fine in real time. The delay is specific to WhatsApp (I'm assuming it's temporary).
    Last edited by agtprvctr; 2010-08-02 at 05:56 PM.

You aren't the only one with the push problem, but I don't see any fixes anywhere.

the shear volume of idiots on here JB'ing their phone with no clue what they are doing and then asking moronic questions is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by amorak View Post
    the shear volume of idiots on here JB'ing their phone with no clue what they are doing and then asking moronic questions is hilarious!
    Hold on a second? Did u just call me an idiot and I kno exactly what I am doing, I was just wondering if anyone was havin these problems, don't be a dafty and reply to post if uv **** all good to say or has anything to do with the post

Quote Originally Posted by amorak View Post
    Don't be bothered with this guy who made an account on the site JUST to say that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TSMWIN85 For This Useful Post:

Jamaiz02 (2010-08-04)

Quote Originally Posted by agtprvctr View Post
    My push notifications do work after jailbreaking my iPhone 4 running 4.01, but they seem to be delayed by about 5-20 minutes, not sure if this is related to jailbreak or problems on the push server.

Update: Tested it with Meebo, push notifications seem to be working fine in real time. The delay is specific to WhatsApp (I'm assuming it's temporary).
    I have figured out if u leave whatapp on the multitasking bar it works fine with notifications etc maybe this would work with ur other notifications

Hope this helps