Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Couple of questions after jailbreak....

Default Couple of questions after jailbreak....
    Hey guys I am a first time jailbreaker and just wondered how a few things worked.

1. Do I just sync as usual if I want to update my music library and I won't lose the jailbreak?

2. Which MyWi do I need for my 3GS that was 4.0.1?

3. How do you pay for apps with Cydia? credit card, paypal...??

4. If I buy several 3rd party apps and end up having to restore my iphone back to factory settings for warranty work or whatever reason, when I re-jailbreak will I be able to get my 3rd party apps back for free or will I have to buy them all over again?

Thanks Ryan

I will answer the questions that I know the answer to.
    Quote Originally Posted by murl View Post

1. Do I just sync as usual if I want to update my music library and I won't lose the jailbreak?
    Yes. Just do not update your software if iTunes tells you there is a new OS available. Stay with your 4.0.1

How do you pay for apps with Cydia? credit card, paypal...??
    Yes, paypal is available

4. If I buy several 3rd party apps and end up having to restore my iphone back to factory settings for warranty work or whatever reason, when I re-jailbreak will I be able to get my 3rd party apps back for free or will I have to buy them all over again?
    You want something called appsync. I am unsure if there is a compatible version out for iOS 4 yet though. Appsync will sync your Cydia apps automatically for you when you sync.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LanCo Rider For This Useful Post:

murl (2010-08-03)

If I get appsync when it is available for the iOS 4 and put it on the computer I use to sync my iphone and my wifes will it have any negative effects on my wifes unjailbroken phone if it syncs automatically?

FYI we will probably jailbreak my wife's phone but she wanted to see if she liked mine first.

Is her phone synced on the same account? In other words, do you both share the same contacts, music, everything else?

The iTunes should recognize them as two separate phones and sync them accordingly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LanCo Rider For This Useful Post:

murl (2010-08-03)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by murl View Post
    Hey guys I am a first time jailbreaker and just wondered how a few things worked.

2. Which MyWi do I need for my 3GS that was 4.0.1?

3. How do you pay for apps with Cydia? credit card, paypal...??

Thanks Ryan
    1. Yes, just don't update
    2. Whatever the latest version is
    3. PayPal
    4. You can download them again for free, once they are purchased your fine.

Appsync does not work as described above, it's for a different, more sinister purpose.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Will01 For This Useful Post:

murl (2010-08-03)

Quote Originally Posted by Will01 View Post

Appsync does not work as described above, it's for a different, more sinister purpose.
    Oh yea. Now I remember.

Don't go looking for appsync lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LanCo Rider For This Useful Post:

murl (2010-08-03)

We do share the same itunes account however they are recognized as two different iphones.

So now I am curious what is the more sinister reason appsync is used for?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It's used for syncing illegal apps though iTunes

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Will13 For This Useful Post:

murl (2010-08-03)