Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SLOW 3g on 4.0.1. Any help to downgrade?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question SLOW 3g on 4.0.1. Any help to downgrade?
    I have a 3g on 4.0.1 8gb thats..slowwwwwww with everything. It takes at least 2 mins to open my texts! Forget playing games or going on Facebook or the internet at all. Checking my mail is like pulling teeth.

I've heard and seen around here and other places that this is what is making my phone so slow (the 4.0.1) I used redsn0w to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlocked. Is there anyway that I can make my phone faster? If that means I have to "downgrade" to 3.1.2 or something similar, is this possible?

oh and when I did jailbreak, I DID unclick wallpapers and multitasking incase that helps. I have Winterboard

Thanks in advance for any help or advice

I have the same question, so I won't litter the forum with unneccesary new posts...

However, I did NOT unclick wallpapers and multitasking (wish I did). Mine is running slowly too, but not as slowly as the above poster. Is there a way to start over? Restore the original settings and do the jailbreak/unlock process again, but unclicking wallpapers and multitasking this time? Would that make any difference? If it doesn't, then I'm looking forward to hearing a reply about possibly downgrading as well.

Thanks!