Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "This device has a pending TSS request" - am I done?

Default "This device has a pending TSS request" - am I done?
    I ran jailbreakme.com and it was flawless. I opted in to the "make my life easier" so that I'm on file for the future. And I have the normal "This device has a pending TSS request" in Cydia at the top of the screen.

I understand that it is a task on the server side but my question is this... If I restore my iPhone 4 back to basic 4.0.1 (removing the jailbreak), will I hurt anything related to being on file? In other words, is everything truly done on my side and nothing more needs to happen on my phone in order to be on file?

Please let's not make this a discussion about why I would want to do this. But the quick answer is that I need to make a Genius Bar appointment so legal or not, I want to restore.

Thanks!

Yes, you are done, I would also download Firmware Umbrella, and save a copy to my Hard Drive. Only problem I see is if the Apple Genius Updates you to 4.1. Then you would have to start over. The pending TSS means the server has it but has not responded yet. Sometimes takes a few days to a week.
    Last edited by sho0tngstr; 2010-08-02 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I restored after learning it would help fix my MMS/Facetime issues and the "This device has a pending TSS request" message is still across the top of my Cydia home page.

So I am assuming nothing was harmed when I restored, but hopefully someone with a little more knowledge will chime in to let us know.