Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB 4.0.1 (jailbreakme.com) Problems & Solutions. Not working? Crashing? Try these...

Default JB 4.0.1 (jailbreakme.com) Problems & Solutions. Not working? Crashing? Try these...
    Hey guys...

Ok... so I had a few probs with this, i'll list them , then say how I got around it.

1. Jailbreakme.com didnt load (purple nothing), so tried jailbreakme.modmyi.com, still nothing.

2. In settings>safari cleared cache, rebooted, still nothing. Cleared all from safari (cache, cookies and history) managed to get to the "downloading" progress bar, then it quit out.

3. Looked for other methods, found 2.....

3.1 PDF method via iBooks... Get iBooks, Sync iphone. download appropriate pdf file from jailbreakme.modmyi.com/_/ and sync it with itunes. Open pdf in ibooks and jailbreak starts. This crashed itunes for me every way i tried.

3.2 PDF method via mail... Send yourself the LINK (not the pdf) for thge appropriate pdf, should load and you can select open in iBooks, then it runs the jailbreak. This crashed my safari, didn't work.

4. Lose all hope....

This is where I realised that when I restart my phone, I get the multi coloured line at the top right, and the loading icon over the apple icon. However, No cydia app...

5. Restore your phone to 4.0.1

5.1 Goto the modmyi mirror (using wifi) and bingo, worked for me! BTW, when it works, It will say "downloading" or similar after you "slide to jailbreak", then once that progress bar fills, another will start saying "sit tight...." this will finish and you will get a box saying cydia has been added to home screen DISCO

So after restoring this all worked from me. I came from a fresh (official) 4.0.1

Recap

Problems

1.Webpage didnt load

2.Jailbreak didn't happen

3.iBooks method(s) didn't work, and/or signs of jailbreak (lines and loader) but no cydia

Solutions

1.GOTO settings>safari>clear all 3 options (cache, history, cookies). Reboot, try again (using the modmyi mirror is the way to go.)

2.Attempt the iBooks methods, if itunes/iphone crashes with nothing happening...

3.(Backup) then restore to fresh, official apple (almost impressive) firmware. Don't fret, this is o.k. to do, regardless of bootrom, model, etc.

4. Re-navigate to the modmyi mirror and hopefully it will now work.

If none of this works, I suggest trying each method (seperate iBooks methods, each website individually) after a fresh restore. That is, fresh restore, try mail iBooks method, no dice, fresh restore try itunes iBook method, no dice (rinse and repeat)

I am running an old bootrom 3G S, and it's jb 4.0.1

So, here are some common problems and solutions in one spot.

If you have further fixes, or questions, POST HERE!!
    GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by alex_coningham; 2010-08-02 at 12:37 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alex_coningham For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (2010-08-03), t.j (2010-08-04)

i was successfully able to do the above and every thing seems to work fine except for the carrier i am not able to use another carrier than ATT.
    any suggestion

I can't get my jawbone icon Bluetooth to sync on my iphone4 after jailbreakme

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ronr179 For This Useful Post:

jhford (2010-08-02)

JB failed for Me. Prior to JB, I was on 4.0. First, I upgraded to 4.01. Next, I performed the JB, which went perfectly, as did Blackra1n for me. However, it broke my iPhone 4. When I rebooted, I saw a row of colored pixels at the top left (portrait). Also, I couldn't make phone calls. When I tapped a name in my favorites, the phone froze. I re-JB with the same result. So, I un-JB. What should I do? I want to JB. Otherwise, the phone is useless to me. Am I the only user with these problems?
    Thanks
    Last edited by jhford; 2010-08-02 at 02:29 PM.

JB worked a charm here... although i have noticed one small glitch, and it's small believe me (haha not funny ). When i try to copy a portion of a msg i tap and hold to copy and the msg crashes back to the home springboard?
    Is this happening to others?
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by moliko View Post
    i was successfully able to do the above and every thing seems to work fine except for the carrier i am not able to use another carrier than ATT.
    any suggestion
    did you install ultrasn0w from cydia?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

On 3GS OS4.0 JB fine but now missing several icons for app store apps. These are still on iphone and can access via search. Tried sync with itunes etc but can't icons back.

Can anyone help ? Don't want to restore and re JB if i can help it.
    Thanks

Sorted ok Just downloaded SBSettings and checked the unhide.
    Last edited by wardy19uk; 2010-08-02 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jhford View Post
    JB failed for Me. Prior to JB, I was on 4.0. First, I upgraded to 4.01. Next, I performed the JB, which went perfectly, as did Blackra1n for me. However, it broke my iPhone 4. When I rebooted, I saw a row of colored pixels at the top left (portrait). Also, I couldn't make phone calls. When I tapped a name in my favorites, the phone froze. I re-JB with the same result. So, I un-JB. What should I do? I want to JB. Otherwise, the phone is useless to me. Am I the only user with these problems?
    Thanks
    JH,
    The colored line of text is JB code stored in the frame buffer. Normal. I had a slew of post JB issues. Suggest with a restored iPhone 4 as new user (not from backup) do a normal shutdown / turn on then try JB again. After success, open cydia and check changes tab. There's fixes for the base app. Do not install UIKit upgrade from changes. That one was pesky however others say it was bugs in mobile substrate. Good luck.

Trifster

Im running a 3gs 4.0.1 went on jailbreakme.com and now my phone wont load past the apple at start up. anybody know how to fix this?

I have a problem...since using this jailbreak on 3GS @ 4.0.1 I cannot sync apps or music.
    iTunes does recognise my phone and does a backup but when it comes to copying tracks or installing apps it fails!
    Any ideas much appreciated

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

constant loss of apn settings after reboot. tried editing the .plist and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by nath30 View Post
    Im running a 3gs 4.0.1 went on jailbreakme.com and now my phone wont load past the apple at start up. anybody know how to fix this?
    Nath, I would put phone into DFU mode and get it to do a restore via itunes to a fresh 4.0.1. then try again. I had to do my iPhone 4 three times last night due to other bugs as a zero-hour adopter.

Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by ambeestar View Post
    did you install ultrasn0w from cydia?

yes i try it and the " searching ... " keeps appearing and when i go to setting i cant find carrier.

how to fix "I get the multi coloured line at the top right, and the loading icon over the apple icon" ???

the colorured line at the top right is ok still should work case i do have the same

Quote Originally Posted by Coxroach1 View Post
    I have a problem...since using this jailbreak on 3GS @ 4.0.1 I cannot sync apps or music.
    iTunes does recognise my phone and does a backup but when it comes to copying tracks or installing apps it fails!
    Any ideas much appreciated
    Anyone got any suggestions?

can anyone tell what TSS request means?

Ok fix for all.... restore and try again...

some of you with carrier probs, this is most likely caused by ultrasn0w, borrow a friends sim and activate properly to get around this...

This JB release is still buggy, so check cydia for bug fixes.

post solutions here if there are specific ones.

Quote Originally Posted by alex_coningham View Post
    Ok fix for all.... restore and try again...

some of you with carrier probs, this is most likely caused by ultrasn0w, borrow a friends sim and activate properly to get around this...

This JB release is still buggy, so check cydia for bug fixes.

post solutions here if there are specific ones.
    Thanks for making this list. Question though: when I try the method you outlined, why is there no .pdf for the iPhone 4 @ Index of /_/ ? Am I missing something?

I JB my phone yesterday (3GS OS4) and everything seems to be working ok - although I don't use too much modded stuff

One issue though... Winterboard does not seem to activate custom signal bars, Edge logo, Carrier logo and that spinning loader. My friends is the same so I guess its a bug with this OS and JB?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast