Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade to 3.1.3 possible now with JB?

Default Downgrade to 3.1.3 possible now with JB?
    Now that the jailbreak is out,is there a method to downgrade from 4.0.1 to 3.1.3 ? With the new baseband and no saved info. Thanks for any info.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

No, you still require SHSH, JBing does not change that.

Thanks for the reply. My main issue was trying to get my iPhone volume back to 3.1.3 level. And volume booster on cydia hasn't been updated to support 4.0 and 4.0.1. Any ideas out there how I might be able to get my volume level back to where it was? My iPhone experience just isn't the same sinse 4.0

Thanks

I too felt the same, not for volume but just in general but luckily I had SHSH to downgrade. I dont know what you can do, wait it out i guess.

can I just re jailbreak my phone with fw 3.13 and it will downgrade automatically?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    can I just re jailbreak my phone with fw 3.13 and it will downgrade automatically?
    no

7. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

143voltron (2010-08-03)

so wat can I do?
    when I'm in itunes can I hit shift + restore with fw 3.13?
    please help, I don't want ios4 on my 3g! its slower than a snail.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Theres nothing you can do to go back down to 3.1.x without your SHSHs.

If its a 3G then shift+restore. Why havent you tried before asking

If you wanna know how, a very good friend of mine knows well. His name is Google :P
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-03 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I tried the shift + restore with fw 3.X and it gave me an error 1500?
    I've tried googling and here at modmyi.
    am I doing something wrong or do I keep trying until it accepts it? I'm desperate here can you tell

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

It's supposed to be error 1015 or variation of.

Is your phone still in Recovery Mode after the restore? If it is just kick it out with TinyUmbrella. You should already be downgraded so jailbreak again after.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    It's supposed to be error 1015 or variation of.

Is your phone still in Recovery Mode after the restore? If it is just kick it out with TinyUmbrella. You should already be downgraded so jailbreak again after.

Yes my phone is still in recovery mode. I've looked up tinyumbrella and it seems a little confusing. so wat happens when I use this program? sorry if I sound too much like a noob but i just want to prepared before I start the process.

Thanks

If I somehow helped you, press thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

It's the same thing really. TinyUmbrella is used for saving SHSHs but the kicking device out of recovery is really nice. Recboot works the same. All you wanna do is kick it out of recovery mode with either program.

I didn't recommend recboot cuz I never used it. I've always just opened TinyUmbrella, waited for it to recognize my 3G (which I received error 1015 on so it was in recovery mode) and selected the button on the right that said "kick device out of recovery mode".
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-03 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

143voltron (2010-08-03)

Thanks

The only reason I tossed in recboot is because it's super easy and has two buttons
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

17. The Following User Says Thank You to neodude237 For This Useful Post:

143voltron (2010-08-03)

thx to both of you neodude and anniex.

I'll try it tonight when I get home. I've been trying since sunday to downgrade but nothing.

Let me ask this now for future reference: the reason I upgraded cuz my phone got stuck at the loading screen (apple) so I hit restore thinking that it was going to restore to my last setting which was last weeks? wat should I have done?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You shouldn't have simply hit restore. You shouldve downloaded the firmware you have now or what you wanted to be on and shift+restore to it.

Right now it didn't hurt you to go up cuz 3G phones aren't restricted to come back down to 3.1.x but for future reference just to be safe, always shift+restore.

You shouldn't have simply hit restore. You shouldve downloaded the firmware you have now or what you wanted to be on and shift+restore to it.

Right now it didn't hurt you to go up cuz 3G phones aren't restricted to come back down to 3.1.x but for future reference just to be safe, always shift+restore.
    i also have a 3g justlike you, but its soo slow, why did you upgrade? that is the only reason I want to downgrade.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I'm an iPhone 3G pro haha so I disabled as much as I could and removed launch daemons and 3000+ language packs. I run every speed tweak possible except VMs so it didn't run bad on iOS 4. problem was, I hated my games crashing all the time so I downgraded to 3.1.3 again. I'd recommend downgrading on a 3G.

I'm an iPhone 3G pro haha so I disabled as much as I could and removed launch daemons and 3000+ language packs. I run every speed tweak possible except VMs so it didn't run bad on iOS 4. problem was, I hated my games crashing all the time so I downgraded to 3.1.3 again. I'd recommend downgrading on a 3G.
    I was also on 3g fw 3.1.3 with all the language packs, launch deamons etc and it was running quick, i LOVE it.

when I was on 3.1.3 cydia was of course asking to update some of the packages that I had.....did you updated all your packages? I've heard that some of them did not work and would crash? I guess my question is once I'm on 3.1.3 do I update my cydia packages?

I agree! My 3g has slowed down and is hanging up all the time since I jb'd the 4.0.1! It's horrible. I used Redsn0w. Can hardly open an email anymore without it hanging up. HELP! I need to downgrade to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. It was 3.1.2 before. Have you found an answer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast