Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems after 1.1.4 upgrade and jailbreak....

Default Problems after 1.1.4 upgrade and jailbreak....
    OK I tried the search and nothing helped.....
    So I recently upgraded to 1.1.4 and jailbroke using iPlus2.0. After doing so my youtube and my email wont work.
    On youtube I get the cannot connect to youtube error
    On mail I get the wrong user name and password error....
    Also I did the steps to get customize and summerboard to work and they do besides the fact that somethings are working on customize like when I change my carrier images it wont do it.....

I did this on my friends phone and he is having the same problems.

I tried to reset all settings..... no help with these problems
    Tried to re setup my email account..... no help
    I tried the youtube activator in installer..... no help

Can anyone help??????

Ok never mind I just figured it out....
    I just restored my phone and did everything over and now mail and youtube works..... Well see if customize works....
    Last edited by Kenzie_Roth; 2008-03-18 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Kenzie_Roth View Post
    OK I tried the search and nothing helped.....
    So I recently upgraded to 1.1.4 and jailbroke using iPlus2.0. After doing so my youtube and my email wont work.
    On youtube I get the cannot connect to youtube error
    On mail I get the wrong user name and password error....
    Also I did the steps to get customize and summerboard to work and they do besides the fact that somethings are working on customize like when I change my carrier images it wont do it.....

I did this on my friends phone and he is having the same problems.

I tried to reset all settings..... no help with these problems
    Tried to re setup my email account..... no help
    I tried the youtube activator in installer..... no help

Can anyone help??????

Ok never mind I just figured it out....
    I just restored my phone and did everything over and now mail and youtube works..... Well see if customize works....
    Did you get customize to work in 1.1.4??? I have the same but can't get customize to work?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiggykilla's Avatar
    Thanks

you were supposed to restore to 1.1.4 not upgrade to it! you'll need to download the 1.1.4 update and then put your phone in recovery mode and restore then run iplus2.0b, it worked flawlessly for me.
    My Arrival Was Imminent!

Thanks

I used iplus2.0b but cant get Youtube to work.

I have the same issue with YouTube.

I had 1.1.3 jailbreak, and I used iplus2.0b with this guide http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPlus

I used ZIPphone to jailbreak mine and had the exact same problems with mail and youtube. After countless searches, I restored my phone and both started working. I can live without youtube, but mail is critical. It would seem these two issues would be easily fixed, but so far, I haven't seen any evidence of it.

Quote Originally Posted by alsnchns View Post
    I used ZIPphone to jailbreak mine and had the exact same problems with mail and youtube. After countless searches, I restored my phone and both started working. I can live without youtube, but mail is critical. It would seem these two issues would be easily fixed, but so far, I haven't seen any evidence of it.
    Use Itunes to restore to 1.1.4 and then setup the phone as NEW. Use iliberty+ to jailbreak.

Please tell me what you mean by "....then setup the phone as new"?

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Use Itunes to restore to 1.1.4 and then setup the phone as NEW. Use iliberty+ to jailbreak.

Please tell me what you mean by "....then setup the phone as new"?
    After you restore you will be asked to use backup or new. select NEW and give it a new name.

If I do that, what will I 'lose' that I would otherwise have if I used a backup?

If I do that, what will I 'lose' that I would otherwise have if I used a backup?
    your phone should be a it came from apple. Sometime, things in the backup can cause problems after jailbreaking.

Thanks

So how do you then retrieve all your contacts and settings and stuff afterward????
    Cut and paste your but.