Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Noob...can someone help?

Thanks

Default Jailbreak Noob...can someone help?
    So, I'm looking to jailbreak my 3G 3.1.3 until I get the Iphone 4. My friend jailbroke this phone before, and I upgraded to different software and it all got erased.

I want to do it again, but I'm not sure how. Can someone point me in the right direction? As stated, I have a 3G with software 3.1.3. Not sure if it matters, but I'm running old school winXP on my computer.

I've looked around and I'm a little confused as to whether or not there's a jailbreak for the 4.0.1 software for the 3G or not, so I haven't upgraded software yet. I need someone to tell me what I need to have it done right, and where to go to get whatever it is I need.

Now, if someone is willing to guide me through step by step, I'm even willing to paypall a few $$ for your time if you want.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Stay with 3.1.3, download Spirit and jailbreak it with that, tho if you have iTunes 9.2 or higher you will need a modified version of Spirit or install 9.1 iTunes

Thanks

I still have 9.1, I was in the process of upgrading to 9.2 until I read your post, so I cancelled that.

What else should I know if anything? Is it that simple? Is there different types of jailbreaks? If, so is there a difference between them? Oh, where can I get the spirit file?

Sorry for the noob questions, but honestly I don't know much about this. I do appreciate the answers to my questions as I will probably have more.

I had a friend jailbreak it before so I probably should've payed attention to what he was doing.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Jailbreaking is usually simple and easy, and Spirit is 1 click jailbreak, and nope, there's only 1 kind of jailbreak in a sence, but don't worry about that, once you jailbreak you will be having alot of fun, and for the program search in google Spirit jailbreak, also it some times helps to run it in admin mode
    Last edited by Will13; 2010-08-01 at 01:30 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Will13 View Post
    Jailbreaking is usually simple and easy, and Spirit is 1 click jailbreak, and nope, there's only 1 kind of jailbreak in a sence, but don't worry about that, once you jailbreak you will be having alot of fun, and for the program search in google Spirit jailbreak, also it some times helps to run it in admin mode
    again noob question...can you clarify admin mode? lol sorry

what about the sticky that refers to jailbreaking the 3.1 3G by downloading itunes 8.2 and a custom jailbroken firmware of 3.1 and uninstalling itunes 9.0+ and installing 8.2, downgrading the iphone to 3.0, running "redsnow 0.8" and installing the custom 3.1 firmware? seems like a long process lol

I like the way you've stated better.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah my way is alot easier lol, and by admin, I mean right click on the program in windows and click run as admin (short for a word I can't remember how to spell lol)