Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone help

Default iphone help
    hi i have a iphone 3gs 4.0 and i was wondering if i can downgrade
    this to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 beacuse 4.0 and 4.0.1 i have this app glitch where it turns off the iphone in the middle of an app

edit: i dont think its ever been jailbroken
    Last edited by KuroIphone; 2010-07-30 at 05:25 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are on a 3GS new bootrom, you can downgrade it to 3.1.3 by following these steps.

In time, if you don't know whether you are on new bootrom or not, in this same tutorial you'll find a link to check it.

You can only do it if you have your SHSH blobs saved. Please use Google in case you don't know what it means.
    Last edited by holl0wm1nd; 2010-07-30 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Including
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!

i have a 3g and recently upgraded to4.0.1 and it sucks.is there anyway to down grade back to3.1.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigerjack1981 View Post
    i have a 3g and recently upgraded to4.0.1 and it sucks.is there anyway to down grade back to3.1.2
    You can try try downgrading by following these steps.

Use it at your on risk.
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to holl0wm1nd For This Useful Post:

tigerjack1981 (2010-07-30)

here is my problem.I jailbroke my phone with cydia and after i downloaded a couple of apps my phone wouldnt open up cydia anymore it would try but just go back to the apps screen.I was told i had to restore my phone and rejailbreak it andd when i restored it,it upgraded to4.0.1.I saved mt shsh blob with cydia through my phone,it asked something like "make my life easier"but now i dont know how to retrieve it.Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

You can try by following this post.
    Hope you can manage to retrieve yours.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KuroIphone View Post
    hi i have a iphone 3gs 4.0 and i was wondering if i can downgrade
    this to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 beacuse 4.0 and 4.0.1 i have this app glitch where it turns off the iphone in the middle of an app
    Don't waste your time, if you don't have 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 shsh blogs, there is no way you can downgrade....

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tigerjack1981 View Post
    here is my problem.I jailbroke my phone with cydia and after i downloaded a couple of apps my phone wouldnt open up cydia anymore it would try but just go back to the apps screen.I was told i had to restore my phone and rejailbreak it andd when i restored it,it upgraded to4.0.1.I saved mt shsh blob with cydia through my phone,it asked something like "make my life easier"but now i dont know how to retrieve it.Any help would be greatly appreciated
    I dont think you need your SHSH blobs to downgrade to 3.1.x on a 3G, just for 4.0.

Just shift+restore to 3.1.2 and when you get error 1015 at the end ignore it and use TinyUmbrella or Recboot to kick it out of recovery mode. Then jailbreak as normal with Redsn0w 0.9.3.