Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackra1n Problems... Pls Help!!!!!

Default Blackra1n Problems... Pls Help!!!!!
    I'm not new to the site as I've been a regular user and have found answers most of the time via the 'search'. However, on this occasion I'm genuinely stuck and need some advice.

I have the iPhone 3GS with the following:

Version: 3.1.2(7D11)
    Model: MC131B
    Firmware: 05.11.07
    Bootrom: 359.3.2 (New bootrom)

My iphone is JB and unlocked using blackra1n since Dec 2009.

Cydia shows that 'my device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0

I've started having problems with blackra1n in that my iPhone keeps rebooting to the dreaded Itune & USB Cable screen and have got over this problem by just running the Blackra1n program but keeps rebooting and back to where I started.

The above has lead me to believe that I might need to restore. This is where I'm stuck as I dont know which version to restore as I have Itunes 9.2.0.61, and I'n aware we are all waiting for the new spirit jb for os 4.0, but I need the use of my iphone now and wait for the new spirit jb.

Can someone advice me what to do in the above circumstances i.e. what version to restore i.e. 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 or 4.0, whether to use
    blackra1n again or use Spirit JB etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and received

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I would suggest you downgrade itunes to 9.1 then install either 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 and use spirit, it is a much better jailbreak for new bootrom iphones as you won't have to worry about rebooting problems.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you dont want to go back to iTunes 9.1 make sure you download fixed spirit for 9.2. RedmondPie will have a link.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    I would suggest you downgrade itunes to 9.1 then install either 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 and use spirit, it is a much better jailbreak for new bootrom iphones as you won't have to worry about rebooting problems.
    Thanks for that information. Do I install custom or standard fw (3.1.3 or 3.1.2). I ask because not sure whether a standard fw restore will also upgrade or update my bb.

A quick 'how to guide' will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Standard firmware, if you are on 3.1.2 and install 3.1.2 then the baseband will remain the same. If you install 3.1.3 your baseband will be upgraded but it doesn't matter as ultrasn0w can unlock that baseband as well as the 4.0 baseband too.