Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Think I ****** myself.

Default Think I ****** myself.
    So.. I decided to upgrade my firmware of whited00r today, and long behold, I try to restore to the regular 3.1.3 firmware, and it wouldnt do it, it got stuck in recovery mode, so I boot into DFU and do a restore, it gets to "Preparing iphone for restore" and on the iphone it has the progress bar, and then the iphone reboots, going back to the itunes connection screen and I get a error message on itunes telling me I can't restore the iphone, with error ID: 1611, so I've been searching and searching, and all I can think of is reinstalling windows to see If it itunes is the problem ( tried uninstalling itunes, no good) so I'll be back, If anyone has a solution please let me know...

btw I hope this is in the right section.

You are in the right place

Do you have SHSH blobs for 3.1.3? If not, it will not work.

excuse me? SHSH blobs what now? (I know how to use SSH, just don't know what the hell that is, Lol)

What about using Umbrella to kick it out? Anyone know if this would help?

Quote Originally Posted by LGKeiz View Post
    excuse me? SHSH blobs what now? (I know how to use SSH, just don't know what the hell that is, Lol)
    SHSH blobs = Apple's signature to use firmware. Right now apple is only signing 4.0.1

You MUST have SHSH blobs for said firmware to use it.

Tinyumbrella might.

forgive me, but I'm rather new to this, I've just learned how to restore a iphone, and jailbreak the iphone, and I have knowledge in SSH, so you'll have to forgive my newbness

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

SHSH is not the same thing as SSH -.-

TinyUmbrella will kick you out of recovery mode but that doesnt always mean the restore/downgrade went thru correctly.

I've googled SHSH, I know that SHSH != SSH

TinyUmbrella hmm.. *googles*

o **** TinyUmbrella did get me out of recovery mode
    Last edited by LGKeiz; 2010-07-29 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

forgive me, but I'm rather new to this, I've just learned how to restore a iphone, and jailbreak the iphone, and I have knowledge in SSH, so you'll have to forgive my newbness
    That's quite alright

okay, I'm back in the OS, so what If I wanna restore back to default 3.1.3, will it work now?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Do you have your SHSH blobs?

How do I get them?

also for some reason my iphone is flipping out when I connect it to the computer, the battery sound is going off and on, and it isn't stopping If I connect to the wall charger, it charges, but it's like going nuts, whats going on?

You had to have saved them when the firmware was current.

You are not making any sense, In that case, No I don't. Why in the world is my phone flipping out when I try to connect the phone to the computer.

*headache*

This is a iphone 2g.

You are not making any sense, In that case, No I don't. Why in the world is my phone flipping out when I try to connect the phone to the computer.

*headache*

This is a iphone 2g.
    You have to save the SHSH blobs while apple is still signing them. If you haven't saved them, then you have to upgrade to the newest firmware available.

...which is 3.1.3, for the iphone 2g.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Might have helped if you said it was a 2G earlier...

You dont need SHSH files for 2G. You can restore thru iTunes thru a regular restore.

Your 1600 error is a reference to a USB problem. Try a different computer or try shutting off your computer, turn it back on, as it boots up switch USB ports with your phone plugged in, then open iTunes with your phone in DFU mode, let it detect that it needs to restore, and let it restore.

You cant go up higher than 3.1.3 on a 2G phone.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-07-29 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Might have helped if you said it was a 2G earlier...
    Didn't even see that

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Lol.

Correct 2G is topped out on support for firmware at 3.1.3. So if that is how Apple is playing then 3G should top out at highest 4.X.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

I fixed it, my cable is broken, I had to use my old one, I also formatted my computer for no reason, lovely, thanks for all the help tho!