Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs on 3.1.2 Jailbroken with Blackra1n want to upgrade to 4.0

Default Iphone 3gs on 3.1.2 Jailbroken with Blackra1n want to upgrade to 4.0
    I have a iphone 3gs on 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n unlocked, I would like to safely upgrade to 4.0 or 4.0.1 can anyone recommend which method I should use or should I wait? my modem firmware is 05.11.07 and I do have a blog on file with Cyndia.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You can download a custom firmware that was created by Pwnage Tool, Shift/Restore to the firmware by first putting it into restore mode(power the phone completely off, hold down the home button, and stick the USB into your computer while continuing to hold the home button). Always set your phone up as a new phone.

Does this have to be done on a mac? I only have windows based computers. Where would I find a custom file?

you can do this on windows using sn0wbreeze available at iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones

here is a guide for you, just note that this is for 4.1 beta, not 4.1. it may work on 4.1, not totally sure. you need to download apple's ipsw file for 4.1 or 4.1 beta which you can find in the downloads section of this site.

Jailbreak iOS 4.1 with sn0wbreeze on iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, 2G [Complete How To Guide] | Gadgets DNA

there are also custom ipsw's already built with sn0wbreeze and pwnagetool floating around the internet, however i believe they are illegal, so that's all i am going to say about that

good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thecrunked For This Useful Post:

g12007 (2010-07-29)

Thank you. I'll give it a try, if I use snowbreeze will I then be able to unlock with ultrasnow?