Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: You're All Fooling Yourselves

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PWNsyst3m View Post
    Im telling you your fooling yourself.
    Can I be fooled next?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default This is the best you guys can do?
    So your best solution is to downgrade my iPhone 3Gs to 3.1.2, jailbreak with this or that (you forgot to mention that I need to downgrade the version of iTunes on the PC first) then make a new jailbroken 4.0 FW with this or that, remove the old version of iTunes, install new iTunes and then install the new custom 4.0 firmware on the phone? Not to mention the 6 reboots that have to be done during this process?

1.) I already did all this, by reading through all these forums. It doesn't work.

2.) If this is the best that you brain surgeons can come up with, make sure you don't quit your day jobs. I've written operating systems in less time. Sheesh. Bunch o' college dropouts.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tubaman View Post
    So your best solution is to downgrade my iPhone 3Gs to 3.1.2, jailbreak with this or that (you forgot to mention that I need to downgrade the version of iTunes on the PC first) then make a new jailbroken 4.0 FW with this or that, remove the old version of iTunes, install new iTunes and then install the new custom 4.0 firmware on the phone? Not to mention the 6 reboots that have to be done during this process?

1.) I already did all this, by reading through all these forums. It doesn't work.

2.) If this is the best that you brain surgeons can come up with, make sure you don't quit your day jobs. I've written operating systems in less time. Sheesh. Bunch o' college dropouts.
    Well we must be cleverer than you, we all have jailbroken phones!!
    Lol.. Fooling ourselves...better than just being a fool!!

Can a mod close this thread and ban the mofo already?

Mmm...time to get my morning #pie.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Oh snap it did go through!!!! Time for me to change sig tonight I guess too.
    Funny , its my name in Spanish lol cero=z3r01

Thanks

Um no.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Thanks

Your info is all wrong. Your the retard who can't jailbreak his 3GS because you can't do a search and follow simple instructions. My 10 year old nethew has even jailbroke his 3gs. Enjoy been in jail numptard 
    Last edited by dazzer1983; 2010-07-29 at 03:57 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dazzer1983 For This Useful Post:

Phantom21 (2010-07-31)

Thanks

If you can write your own operating system then why can't you write your own jailbreak?

The best solution is to learn some patience and wait until the tools are released.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    I happen to have my 3GS jailbroken on on 4.1beta. Before that it was jailbroken on 4.0. Annnnnd I did it all from my windows 7 computer. Admittedly for the 4.0 I did download a custom fw that was created with pwnage tool, but the 4.1 I created the custom fw with sn0wbreeze which is specifically made for WINDOWS users.
    But did you start out with 3.1.3? When I purchased my phone, it had 3.1.3 on it so no way to downgrade. Plus it is new bootrom. Did JB it with Spirit. Won't upgrade to 4.x until I am certain there is a jb for my situation. If you are aware of one now, would appreciate instructions....but I have been told that there isn't a jb yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default It's a scam
    There is no working jailbreak for the combination of:
    • new bootrom
    • iPhone 3Gs
    • Upgraded to iOS4
    • shsh ON FILE
    • previously jailbroken on 3.1.3 and 3.1.2
    • Windows PC

As to why I don't bother with this goofiness myself, I have better things to do. I can afford to pay people to do my technical work now. Whenever one of you comes up with a working solution to the scenario listed above, please let us know.

P.S. If any of you guys are on my payroll, you're fired.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boochase View Post
    But did you start out with 3.1.3? When I purchased my phone, it had 3.1.3 on it so no way to downgrade. Plus it is new bootrom. Did JB it with Spirit. Won't upgrade to 4.x until I am certain there is a jb for my situation. If you are aware of one now, would appreciate instructions....but I have been told that there isn't a jb yet.
    Yeah, I went from jb with spirit on 3.1.3 to 4.0, but I have the old bootrom so my phone will take custom firmwares. Your doing the right thing for your situation by waiting for the new tool to be realeased. Good to see you have more common sense than the op does.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So your annoyed you don't have a JB, annoyed enough to come here and flame about it, you supposedly have the knowledge to write an OS, but you cannot be bothered to develop your own JB which would be unpatched by apple because they would not know about it unless you publicly realeased it, so theoretically you'd end up with a JB that worked on all OS's but you still can't be bothered. What a numpty.

No one said there was.

If you employed me I would have resigned long ago.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

• new bootrom
    • iPhone 3Gs
    • Upgraded to iOS4
    • shsh ON FILE
    • previously jailbroken on 3.1.3 and 3.1.2
    • Windows PC

As to why I don't bother with this goofiness myself, I have better things to do. I can afford to pay people to do my technical work now. Whenever one of you comes up with a working solution to the scenario listed above, please let us know.

P.S. If any of you guys are on my payroll, you're fired.
    There actually is a solution for that combination if you have SHSH for 3.1.2. It would be a tethered jailbreak though.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    There actually is a solution for that combination if you have SHSH for 3.1.2
    Not for OS 4.xx there isn't.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Not for OS 4.xx there isn't.
    What about the solution that ih8sn0w came up with?

I wouldn't trust any of his solutions but as it's just a very poor windows wrapper round the Dev Team's solution it is subject to the same limitations - he just doesn't make it clear what this limitations are which is why so many people end up losing their JB.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm not a fan of his myself, but he did make it possible and that's the reason for my post. To say that is was possible.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by falstaffpac View Post
    Empire EFI available here OSX86/Hackint0sh | Prasys' Blog
    Ehh EmpireEFI... Last time I used that, you had to leave the disc in to get to the bootmenu. I like the Ubuntu bootmanager much better. I will say that EmpireEFI works like a charm though. It might have been something I did that caused the annoyance with the bootmenu.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast