Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: You're All Fooling Yourselves

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

Well said Skiptown.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default You're Just Making my Point, Kids
    Re fact-checking on the dev team – I know my facts. The pwnage tool is mac-only.

As for Mac desktop market share, I stand corrected. 8% is the correct figure. My point, though, remains: a solution for 8% of the world market?

Re no idea – I have read all the posts. I don’t know what kind of scam you guys are trying to perpetrate, other than trying to get innocent users to brick their iPhones using your “tricks”.

Poseidon79 offered a very good reply. I do have my shsh files from 3.1.2 AND 3.1.3 backed-up. I have even set up my own little shsh server and followed all the directions to implement sn0wbreeze. No good.

Re retarded – I know what a shsh file is, and I have them being served-up from my own local server, thank you very much. And yes, the “solutions” always error out.

None of you has posted a point-by-point “solution” that discounts what I am saying. Again, there is NO jailbreak for a 3Gs running 4.0 with 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 shsh on file that WORKS (from a Windows machine). If you can prove me wrong, go ahead and post the instructions, rather than calling people names.
    Last edited by tubaman; 2010-07-28 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by falstaffpac View Post
    It can be a little tricky depending on your system. There is a whole body of information available at InsanelyMac Forum

I would suggest putting in some time reading through the information. You might get lucky and find a tutorial specific to your computer.

Specifically, I would start with this thread: (HOW TO) Install Snow Leopard on i7 processor - Hackint0sh

Empire EFI available here: OSX86/Hackint0sh | Prasys' Blog

Good luck! I thought it was worth the time investment. Starting to learn Objective C on the Mac so I can make iphone/ipad apps

If you need any help, PM
    Would you be willing to help me too?

iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tubaman View Post
    Re fact-checking on the dev team – I know my facts. The pwnage tool is mac-only.

As for Mac desktop market share, I stand corrected. 8% is the correct figure. My point, though, remains: a solution for 8% of the world market?

Re no idea – I have read all the posts. I don’t know what kind of scam you guys are trying to perpetrate, other than trying to get innocent users to brick their iPhones using your “tricks”.

Poseidon79 offered a very good reply. I do have my shsh files from 3.1.2 AND 3.1.3 backed-up. I have even set up my own little shsh server and followed all the directions to implement sn0wbreeze. No good.

Re retarded – I know what a shsh file is, and I have them being served-up from my own local server, thank you very much. And yes, the “solutions” always error out.

None of you has posted a point-by-point “solution” that discounts what I am saying. Again, there is NO jailbreak for a 3Gs running 4.0 with 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 shsh on file that WORKS (from a Windows machine). If you can prove me wrong, go ahead and post the instructions, rather than calling people names.
    Of course there is.I have 3gs and have done it loads of times. You downgrade to 3.1.2 jailbreak with blackra1n. Create custom 4.0 with snowbreeze and upgrade to the custom 4.0 you created.How hard is that?
    Also try pointing your host to sauriks server instead of using your own. Might help. You cant expect people to explain everything to you when theres already plenty on the subject. Try doing a search befor trying to piss people off calling them scammers. If you had joined the forum to ask for help im sure there would be plenty of people willing to help you. Instead you joined thinking your a smart *** that knows everything when the fact is you dont know JACK.

Hit Thanks Guys
    Last edited by dazzer1983; 2010-07-28 at 11:39 PM. Reason: extra
    Hit Thanks if i helped

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dazzer1983 For This Useful Post:

dark_isle (2010-07-29), jaykain (2010-07-28), Phantom21 (2010-07-31), swashpl8 (2010-07-29)

Well played good sir. You guys, it seems like this whole time he's been getting you guys angry was so that you would contradict him by holding his hand through a step by step process of fixing his phone.

Thanks

Again, there is NO jailbreak for a 3Gs running 4.0 with 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 shsh on file that WORKS (from a Windows machine). If you can prove me wrong, go ahead and post the instructions, rather than calling people names.
    I happen to have my 3GS jailbroken on on 4.1beta. Before that it was jailbroken on 4.0. Annnnnd I did it all from my windows 7 computer. Admittedly for the 4.0 I did download a custom fw that was created with pwnage tool, but the 4.1 I created the custom fw with sn0wbreeze which is specifically made for WINDOWS users.

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

Yu are full of sh!t dude what a dusch .........

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I vote this too as the most clueless and retarded post of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    I vote this too as the most clueless and retarded post of the day.
    Have you seen this post?? I think the #1 most retarded post of the day is a tie at this point.

Thanks

Your source please?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

:/ if youre a 3GS owner, you really shouldve saved those SHSH blobs. If you got a brand new 3GS, you shouldve bothered to learn about the SHSH blobs...

Sorry but you deserved a bashing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

The so-called "dev team" continues to claim success in jailbreaking iOS 4, but have only published these so-called "solutions" for the Mac. Since Windows controls 98% of the world's desktop PC market, I submit that developing solutions that ONLY run on a Mac is a scam.
    Is it me or did the bold part make anyone else laugh. I can see a person saying this and doing the hand quotes.

Confucious answered this part very well for ya.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

The worst part about this whole thing is that if you had come here and just asked for help there are PLENTY of people that would have been more than willing. Instead your first post in this forum was an angry tirade about how there's no help any where, and forums don't help you. If you had asked a question or requested assistance in a calm reasonable fashion many people here would have stepped up to the plate to help you.

Despite what you say there really are jailbreak solutions for windows users as well as Mac users.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-07-29 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

cerote changed names?! cerO?
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Oh snap it did go through!!!! Time for me to change sig tonight I guess too.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

why did you change it?!
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
    Would you be willing to help me too?
    Akward silence,
    I tried to PM, but the message I typed is not showing it as sent. The forum I referenced is a great resource, but I'm willing to help if I can. Just PM

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The iPhone is made by apple, MAC OSX is made by apple, Xcode, cocoa and the iPhone SDK all run on a MAC, this is why it's for MAC. Also, Pwnage may be mac only, but redsn0w is not. Also, I personally prefer MAC OSX, it just cleaner, nicer and easier all round, windows sux in comparison, the world will eventually learn this :P

I've got windows and an unlocked JB iphone 3GS. Can some please advise me how I am "fooling myself"?

I suspect the OP may have new bootrom?

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    I've got windows and an unlocked JB iphone 3GS. Can some please advise me how I am "fooling myself"?

I suspect the OP may have new bootrom?
    Im telling you your fooling yourself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast