Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 4.0.1 & 9.2.1 Query please ?

  1. #1
    Default 4.0.1 & 9.2.1 Query please ?
    Hi,
    thanks for looking in, i have sat tight for some time in the hope that there will eventually be a jailbreak for my iphone, and i have seen many many posts requesting jailbreak for 3GS IOS 4.

    I have a 16G 3gs mc model iphone, believe its a new boot rom, i know there is a lot of hard work going on in the scenes currently, can i update my phone to 4.0.1 and move onto itunes 9.2.1?

    What are these doing to my iphone if i do or is it best to leave the iphone as it is in order for the jailbreak release when it arrives?

    Any advice is appreciated
    Regards

  2. #2
    Well it's best to sit tight for the time being.

    I'm still on 8.something iTunes lol. The reason for not updating iTunes is to do with how it lets you access the iPhone. For example for a Spirit jailbreak you need itunes version lower than 9.0 because an exploit in it was fixed later versions. I don't know if the new version of iTunes has anything really added to it so there's no reason to update that.

    Is your phone jailbroken at the moment? And do you have your SHSH blobs saved? If you do then you can always downgrade again but in all honesty it's probably best to leave it as it is. I know people have been saying this for a while, but a new jailbreak is just around the corner!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to kaepora For This Useful Post:

    ibiggy (2010-07-28)

  4. #3
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    649
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 81 Times in 75 Posts

    Well you can use spirit on any version of itunes but if it's 9.2+ you need the fixed exe. 9.1 or below is fine.

    Depending on what FW your on currently you may be able to JB for it at present. Which FW are you on now?

    Also, you may still be on the old bootrom, the MC/MB rule applies to ipt only, go to iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and download iDetector and check so you know for sure.

  5. #4
    Im in the same boat but i definatly have new bootrom. So do i wait on 3.1.3 or upgrade to 4.0.1 and lose jailbreak? My only worry is that the new 4.1 comes out before the new jailbreak and i lose the chance to move to 4.0.1. Saying that though i have 4.0 and 3.1.3 SHSH anyway

    Im in the same boat but i definatly have new bootrom. So do i wait on 3.1.3 or upgrade to 4.0.1 and lose jailbreak? My only worry is that the new 4.1 comes out before the new jailbreak and i lose the chance to move to 4.0.1. Saying that though i have 4.0 and 3.1.3 SHSH anyway
    Last edited by liamwalsh21; 2010-07-28 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    649
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 81 Times in 75 Posts

    Save your SHSH for 4.0.1 as well and you can always get back to it regardless of 4.1. However if you rely on an unlock NEVER update to 4.1 as the new 5.14.01 BB will kill it. But so long as u have those SHSH you will always be able to JB, just not necessarily unlock.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Will01 For This Useful Post:

    ibiggy (2010-07-28)

  8. #6
    Hi kaepora & Will01
    my iphone isn't jailbroken at the moment i have saved my shsh blobs when updating to on ios 4 on itunes 9.2, but unsure if i did on 3.1.3, i did jailbreak it on 3.1.3 with spirit, but took the plunge and legitimately upgraded to ios 4 to see what all the fuss was about (maybe a mistake)

    I am currently using 9.2 itunes, and keep clicking cancel to decline updating aswell as cancel on the 4.0.1 software update.

    My firmware is 05.13.04 on an "MC" Model version 4.0 (8A293)
    I have downloaded idetector and the exe. says i am running the "New Bootrom"
    Kind Regards
    ibiggy

  9. #7
    I dont rely on unlock as im in uk and my provider unlocked it for me. Its just the jailbreak i need. Id happily update to 4.0.1 now and lose it for a few days until the new jailbreak is released but nobody knows when its coming it might take months.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •