Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem updating repo's with Cydia

Unhappy Problem updating repo's with Cydia
    Okay, my problem is that Cydia won't download any package lists. The only one I've been able to grab is iSpazio. I think it might have something to do with me downgrading from 4.0 to 3.1.3, but I have no idea. I used Spirit to Jailbreak, and RecBoot 1.0.1 to get out of the 1015 error after downgrading. It sorta sucks because stuff like ProSwitcher and Winterboard are half the reason I downgraded. The other half being that OS4 runs like a dog's arse on a 3G

And yes, this is my first post. I know I'm probably being an *** by joining just to ask this, so I'd be really grateful if you guys could help me with this. Thanks in advance

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This is probably a troublesome repo, have you added any sources manually?

If so you'll probably need to remove them, can you ssh into the phone at present?

Thats the thing. I literally just downgraded yesterday. I've added no sources. It's not loading the repo's which come packaged into Cydia. The actual error which comes up is
    Code:
    Failed to fetch http://repo.smxy.org/cydia/apt/dists/xena/Release.gpg NetDB: Open nodename nor servname provided, or not known
    Multiply that by about a dozen errors, each with a different URL. I'm tempted to try and restore again, but it just takes so long to restore and then resync everything. That and I seem to get service errors for a few hours after the restore.

EDIT: I just reloaded the repos again, and it seems to have found about 6 upgrades for Cydia and other packages. fingers crossed this fixes it. No idea why it's working now, I didn't change anything :S

Thanks

smxy will not be back up, it will error, a cydia update will fix that one. Which other repo's are causing problems, can you print the full error shown?

Also you mentioned you JB with spirit, when I did my 3.1.3 with spirit it did not even add the smxy repo, not really relevant but off nonetheless.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Will01 For This Useful Post:

SakuRedux (2010-07-28)

The errors have stopped now, Cydia's working again No idea what was stopping it before, maybe my internet connection was being stupid? Oh well. Thanks for the help Will

Thanks

no probs, thats what im here for