Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I JB my 2G iPT 4.0 OS (MC MODEL!)?

Thanks

Default Can I JB my 2G iPT 4.0 OS (MC MODEL!)?
    Ive looked through the guides, sorry if I missed it, but the guide I found for the 4.0 JB said NON-MC models, so Im assuming that I cant ATM or am I missing a guide?
    Xeno Templar
    32GB iPT 3rd gen.; JB w/ GP RC 6.1!
    Original XBox; Still working on FW flashing!
    XBox 360 Elite; FW flashed w/ iXtreme!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Unless it was jailbroken before and has the shsh blobs backed up, probably not now.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to neodude237 For This Useful Post:

Xeno Templar (2010-07-28)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't think so, I've jailbroken my non-MC version, but not sure about the newer ones...

Thanks

I dont know its history, somewhat a long story:
    My dad bought a used iPT 1st gen from craigslist and he loved it (ofcourse) so he bought a 2nd gen and gave me the 1st gen, which I did jailbreak and, being the 1st Apple product Ive ever had in my life, never really cared for Apple before this, I loved it, too, then he deceided he wanted a 3rd gen and I could have his 2nd ONLY in the agreement that I give the 1st gen to my brother, which he also loved it, once he figured it all out, but he is like my dad, doesnt care for JB'ing, Im not too tech-savvy myself, I know how to use electronics, I love electronics, but when it comes to the technical part of them, Im lost but between the 3 of us, Im the one they come to for help, and Im the youngest of me & my brother, go figure, but my dad bought them all used from the same site, needless to say my dad & brother arent interested in JB'ing!
    I hacked all 3 of our PSPs, my dad & I both have hacked XBox 360s but mine's the Elite, lol.
    Oops, sorry to ramble like that, sometimes I get too caught up in what Im saying and start leering off the topic but whats an SHSH blob?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudski View Post
    I don't think so, I've jailbroken my non-MC version, but not sure about the newer ones...
    Im sorry, I didnt specify that mine is an MC model, the Settings/General/About says MC086LL, if it matters, thats why I dont think I can JB it.
    I know nothing else about it, except that its a 2nd gen running 4.0 FW & the fact that its an MC, (As stated above.) the guy who sold it to my dad insisted that he restored it prior to selling, which my dad confirmed when he turned it on and saw nothing but the factory default settings.
    Last edited by Xeno Templar; 2010-07-28 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Xeno Templar

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I suggest reading this:
    Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    It's a pretty good explanation of WHAT the shsh blobs are and why they're important
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to neodude237 For This Useful Post:

Xeno Templar (2010-07-28)

Thanks

So, that means there is absolutely no way AT ALL to JB my iPT or even downgrade to 3.**(whatever), that sux!
    Are ALL MC models unable to be JB regardless of FW versions or is there any way at all to even downgrade to 3.1.2 (considering I already have the "iPod1_1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore" on my computer from back when I had the 1st gen, I used "redsn0w-win_0.9.4" to JB that 1), if, AT ALL possible to use my brother's (mine before I restored it and gave it to him) iPT to re-JB it and somehow use it to JB mine?
    I read the whole thing (damn-long if I do say so myself but informative!) but again, most of the stuff that was explained still went through me like air, more/less cause it was alot of technical terms and as I said, I know absolutely nothing about Apple, Ive never used their products until my dad gave me my 1st iPT, damn it, I got too used to the 1st gen, now Im really wanting to JB this 1 but I dont think I want to take the chance of trying to put it into DFU mode, holding SHIFT and clicking restore to try and put 3.1.2 on it JUST to see if redsn0w 0.9.4 would work on it but I dont know enough about these things and I read somewhere, dont remember where, not here, dont even know how accurate it was, either, that ALL MC models are currently non-JB'able, ya, ya, not a real word, you know what I mean, do you think it would do irreversable damage to it if I tried?
    Xeno Templar

Alright guys, let's get some facts right. You can downgrade ipt2g MC to 3.x no matter what (believe me: I did). Also, you can jb on 4.0, although it is a teathered boot. I'm pretty sure apple is handing out both 4.0 and 4.0.1 blobs, so you should have no problem going to 4.0. Just a quick note, apple is requiring SHSH blobs for older MC devices for 4.0 and above ONLY, but you can still downgrade to 3.x without blobs. If you want to jailbreak on 4.0 and not wait on comex (I did this but a while ago, I would recommend waiting now) by follow this thread:

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/718...jailbreak.html
    Last edited by nerddownthestreet; 2010-07-29 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Silly iPod keyboard