Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is There Any Way of Uploading Blobs Onto Cydia?

Default Is There Any Way of Uploading Blobs Onto Cydia?
    I am currently awaiting JB for 4.0.1 (no previous JB or blobs for 3.x).
    I saved blob for 4.0.1 283 with tiny umbrella. Tried JB using ultrasnow 1.7(out of curiosity). Didn't work had to restore and update to 4.0.1 306
    Then I inserted cydia host direct in host file and restored again to save blob on cydia server.
    Is it possible to upload previous blob saved with tiny umbrella to cydia server in case I need it for JB. When released.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jfgod View Post
    I saved blob for 4.0.1 283 with tiny umbrella. Tried JB using ultrasnow 1.7(out of curiosity). Didn't work had to restore and update to 4.0.1 306
    Then I inserted cydia host direct in host file and restored again to save blob on cydia server.
    Is it possible to upload previous blob saved with tiny umbrella to cydia server in case I need it for JB. When released.
    Tiny Umbrella will upload it for you and you will have a copy saved locally too. By the way, Ultrasn0w is not for jailbreaking, it is an unlock tool.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

jfgod (2010-07-28)

Quote Originally Posted by jfgod View Post
    I meant snowbreeze not ultraslow.

All this rain and snow can get a bit confusing. I now have a folder full of rain and snow. I can confirm nothing works if you have ios4.0 on new 3GS bootrom. Just use tiny umbrella to backup your blobs and sit tight in the hope that the dev team work their magic.
    Last edited by jfgod; 2010-07-28 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost