Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alternative for Itunes on iOS 4.0

Default Alternative for Itunes on iOS 4.0
    Hei Everybody,

I was using sharepod a lot to handle my Iphone running on CFW 3.1.2. Since I updated to iOS 4.0 last week I cant use sharepod any longer because it always returns with an error.

The problem I have is that I have to access my Iphone from my home notebook but also from my desktop at work. ITunes allows me to connect it only to one library. Thats what made me use sharepod.

Does anyone have an idea on how i can access / upload / download files to my iphone from more than one computer.

Thanks in advance
    Peter

Thanks

Used to be that winamp could sync with the iPhone, don't know if it still works, but worth a try anyways.

follow this guide on copying your itunes music library files from your sync'ing computer to your non sync'ing computer. the only downside is that it will mess up your music library on your non-sync'ing computer, but it sounds like you dont use itunes anyway.

i barley use itunes myself because I think it is slow and too proprietary, so this is what I do at home to sync my phone with 2 of my computers.

How to re-create your iTunes library and playlists

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

there was something in cydia a while ago that allowed you to sunc with multiple computers. Switchtunes. don't know if that helps?
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Not sure this applies, but you do know that you can authorize up to 5 computers in itunes , i sync to 4 different computers.

but do you sync manually for music and videos?

I have both computers authorized but if i want to manage audio + video manually
    ITunes says that this Iphone is logically connected to another ITunes Library and that it can only be connected to one ITunes library. So if I want to proceed on my 2nd computer I can only delete the Iphone and create a new Library.

which sucks big time.

anyone any idea?
    Last edited by PeterPoppa; 2010-07-27 at 04:40 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you want something to copy music and vids to the iphone try copytrans manager.

If your looking for full sync, backup etc, i'm not sure.

That works!

Perfect!
    Thanks a lot!