Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore problem

Exclamation Restore problem
    IPHONE 3GS
    heyy guys.. just got my fone from UK and got it unlocked here in india..!! now the prob is i had done a reset (delete all data and reset settings from setting).. from then my fone is not been booting to the main menu.. it has been 3 hours since i did that.. can yu guys tell me whats the prob..!!

and my version code is 3.1.3..!!aint sure abt the boot rom ..!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You shouldn't have hit that erase button.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

is there any way i can download the firmware and reinstall the whole software again?

Same problem here - Neo - you wanna elaborate a little please? Possible fix?

Thanks

That feature hates jailbreaks, at least blackra1n from what I have personally experienced. Hitting that button will force a restore of your device. Your only real option is to restore, hopefully you have your 3.1.3 shsh files in Cydia or locally. If someone could confirm what I said, that'd be great. What I'm saying is based off an experience I had with Blackra1n after hitting that button and absolutely nothing being able to revive the phone.

nope.. i do not have SHSH files on cydia or locally..!! any other way to get the phone back to normal neo?

Thanks

All you're gonna be able to do is restore to 4.0.1 and wait for the next wave of jailbreak software and unlock. (should hopefully be within a week or two)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to neodude237 For This Useful Post:

balamuruga (2010-07-26)

oh ok..!! thnx a lot buddy..!! that helped me..!! i shouldn't have hit that stupid button..!!

Thanks

Heh, you're welcome, sorry that happened to you. Look on the bright side though, you're in a better situation than me , i got my iPhone locked for months straight because of a lack of shsh files instead of a few days. It was an international model too which made it unusable as an iPod until I could get a sim for it :X

oh.. thats really sad..!! but i can my phone back to life right? after the 4.0.1 releases??

I have SHSH cached locally but it's from a different 3GS than the one which is currently stuck... that won't work at all, right?

Thanks

Not at all