Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I upgrade to 3.1.3?

Question How do I upgrade to 3.1.3?
    I bought this iphone already unlocked and jailbroken so I am completely lost as to what I need to do in order to upgrade this phone without losing whatever was done to unlock it. I have this phone on tmobile.

It has version 3.1.2 installed and also has 2 apps installed that I was certain have to do with the unlocking.jailbreaking but I have never opened them because I don't know what they do etc. They are Cydia and blackra1n

Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to upgrade without messing it up? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you're on 3.1.2 there is no reason to upgrade to 3.1.3 as you gain no additional features at all.

Hi there!

There was an app I wanted and it said I needed 3.1.3 in order to install it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm pretty sure there's an app in Cydia that will trick your phone into thinking it's on a higher firmware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

How about 3gs 3.0.1 firmware 04 26 08 for tmobile, but would like to upgradeto 3.1.3, cause of certain apps, and that cydia app you were talking about will only work with 3.1.2 but not 3.0.1, do i need to go to all that trouble tho upgrade the latest firwmware. Is it safe to go up to 4.0 how about jail break and unlock. Apple stop signing on the 3gs correct.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TT KH View Post
    How about 3gs 3.0.1 firmware 04 26 08 for tmobile, but would like to upgradeto 3.1.3, cause of certain apps, and that cydia app you were talking about will only work with 3.1.2 but not 3.0.1, do i need to go to all that trouble tho upgrade the latest firwmware. Is it safe to go up to 4.0 how about jail break and unlock. Apple stop signing on the 3gs correct.
    If you have 3.0.1 then your phone is old enough that it has the old bootrom. Use sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool to create a custom 4.0 fw and restore to that.