Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroke....now have no 3g signal?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Jailbroke....now have no 3g signal?
    Hey guys,

Was wondering if anybody has come accross this issue? I have a iphone 3g.....jailbroken on 3.1.2. Since jailbreaking I cannot pick up any 3g connection. Wifi works and edge, but no 3g. When I turn on the 3g I lose all reception....until it is switched off.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Danny

I had this issue on my 3GS.

Its possible that 3G is down in your area, this is likely.

Try re-jailbreaking. Maybe something was wrong with your JB

Thanks

ok bud. I rung up o2....they said that I have full 3g coveraege in my area. I think I will have to just rejailbreak. I have a message pop up on my homescreen after the jailbreak asking if I would like to 'Upgrade carrier settings'....do I upgrade?

Danny

Did you check in settings, my 3g was switched to edge during the jailbreak, switched it back on, and all is good.

Thanks

Right everybody....I have restored, started as a new iphone on 4.0 software....3g was working.....I jailbroke.....3g was still working.....I started downloading different items from cydia....rebooted device....3g doesnt come on no more?

I am not a expert or have a clue as to what does what to system files etc....but is there anyway sbsettings or mobile substrate or something could be taking out the 3g? This is the 3rd odd time I have restored and everything has been fine until I download something from cydia. I always download sbsettings and a few other things....but I am sure other 4.0 users download this with no issues to their 3g connection.

Thanks again

Danny

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well SBSettings has a 3G toggle, be sure it's not turned off?

Thanks

I understand that...my 3g is turned on in the sbsettings etc...but no 3g....my phone just goes to 'no service'. The 3g only disapears after I download from cydia. I guess I will just go back through the jailbreak process again.

Danny

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I appreciate this is frustrating and probably only 1 app causing the probs. Try install one app in cydia at a time and rebooting, see if you can identify the culprit.

Or go back into cydia and uninstall each app in the order you installed them and reboot and see if it rectifies.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Will01 For This Useful Post:

stroodle (2010-07-26)

I'm having the same problem. Narrowed it down to Mobile Substrate, test it yourself. Remove Mobile Substrate, reboot iPhone, and voila, reception is back.

I dare say an update is needed for mobile substrate.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Twisted_Pro For This Useful Post:

stroodle (2010-08-06)

Quote Originally Posted by stroodle View Post
    Right everybody....I have restored, started as a new iphone on 4.0 software....3g was working.....I jailbroke.....3g was still working.....I started downloading different items from cydia....rebooted device....3g doesnt come on no more?

I am not a expert or have a clue as to what does what to system files etc....but is there anyway sbsettings or mobile substrate or something could be taking out the 3g? This is the 3rd odd time I have restored and everything has been fine until I download something from cydia. I always download sbsettings and a few other things....but I am sure other 4.0 users download this with no issues to their 3g connection.

Thanks again

Danny
    Danny, I had all of the same issues as you. After 3 restores and JB I also narrowed it down. I think saruk updated cydia with some patches for those like me who lost MMS and face time too. I was able to install sbsettings and have non WIFI data continue to work. What I will not install as i think, though it doesn't make sense is UIKit Tools as an available upgrade. I think every time after install that my non wifi data stops working.

Trifster

13. The Following User Says Thank You to trifster For This Useful Post:

stroodle (2010-08-06)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies....but do I need mobile substrate for cydia to run? Does removing this effect anything on my iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by stroodle View Post
    Thanks for the replies....but do I need mobile substrate for cydia to run? Does removing this effect anything on my iphone?
    I had the same question. Mobilesubstrate is needed for some cydia apps. My favorite JB app is SBsettngs. SBsettings calls code in mobile substrate to take swipe gestures. It is specifically for JB apps to respond to special input movements and graphic outputs.

If you have it installed to begin with, you likely installed a Cydia app that needs its. Apps will download other apps they depend on. that relationship is known as dependencies.

trifster

No you don't as trifster pointed out some cydia apps depend on it. But mobile substrate should be fixed now? It's working fine for me