Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: when i try donwloading from cydia i get the following error

Default when i try donwloading from cydia i get the following error
    error: running

sub- process/usr/bin/dpkg returnedan error code (1)

i hit ok and then i get

/var /cache/apt/archives/us.hackulo.appsynch31_1.0.1_iphoneos-arm.deb

trying to overwrite /usr/libexec/installd',which is also in package com.sinfuliphone.appsync31

every time i open cydia it says i need to do an necesary upgrade and it asks if i want to do complete upgrade or upgrade essantial if i try any of those options it starts downloading the package but when it starts to install i get those messages and if i try downloading anything else i also get the messages.

please help!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Tryna get pirated apps huh? Ill tell you one thing, after I tell you to read the forum rules, you tried installing one thing but you already installed another with the same component file. They are clashing and wont run. Cracked apps including appsync are not discussed here in the forums. Sorry and good luck.

this isint my iphone i dont whant cracked apps. i just want to install ultra snow to be able to use it with tmobile.

how can i remove the appsync 3.1

i try to remove it from packages but it starts downloading it instead of removing it

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Things you need:
    1) OpenSSH
    2) WinSCP (Cyberduck for Mac)
    3) Knowledge of SSHing into iPhones

That will point you in the right direction. You need to go in your phone via SSH and remove the files you listed above. All of them. Then go into Cydia and if there are remains, proceed to remove them in Cydia as well. After uninstalling those things and never installing them again... You can freely install ultrasn0w.

Where to find those files in SSH? Im not gonna go thru my phone to find them for you. Youll just have to Google or dig around.

If you havent had OpenSSH downloaded prior to this issue, you cant access the files you need even with Diskaid or iFunBox since their access is limited. You will be forced to do a restore and set the phone up as new to remove the problem.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-07-24 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did you ever get this solved?

uhh why someone deleted my post?
    is it a bad idea to help people??

or is it just a server error? should I post it again?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You listed way too many items that were related to piracy. Whether it's to help remove them or not those url's shouldn't show up. Plus this is a really old thread.