Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help

Default need help
    My iphone is stock now with the logo apple,can't go anywhere.Here is the story of my iphone.It was jailbreak to firmware 3.1.3,when i try to unlock with blackrain,the phone stop and when i try to reboot,its come up with the logo apple and stop right there.When i try to put the phone in DFU and open Itunes ans ask me to restore,its allows me to restore only with the firmware 4.1 wich i don't want,i want to restore with the firmware 3.1.3 but can't.I need any help how to restore my iphone to 3.1.3 which was befor.Thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

3GS or 3G?

Blackra1n doesn't work on 3.1.3.

Did you save your SHSH blobs before? You need those to restore to 3.1.3. I suppose on both 3G and 3GS you'll need it. I had mine backed up on the 3G and just restored a couple hours ago from 4.0 to 3.1.3. I don't know if the SHSH files did anything for me, but I got it done even tho I got error 1015. You really need those SHSH files though if you're on a 3GS.

i ahve a 3gs,and the shsh files alraedy saved in cydia,I try to restore the phone to 3.1.3 firmware i get an error 3194.Do i need to restore the phone to latest software 4.1 and downgrade back to 3.1.3?THANK FOR YOUR HELP

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Um no you should avoid upgrading if that's not what you want. Download TinyUmbrella here:

The Firmware Umbrella

Open TinyUmbrella with iTunes closed. Click start TSS. When it is running, open iTunes and click shift+restore to the stock 3.1.3 ipsw. It should restore fine. If it gives your error 1015 just ignore it, then go to tinyumbrella and select "kick iPhone out of recovery mode". It should kick your phone out of recovery mode and reboot your phone.

Afterwards, you'll need to jailbreak it. You can use Spirit (but requires an official carrier's SIM or a phonebook SIM you can grab at radioshack or somewhere) to activate.

If you have the old bootrom then you can use custom firmwares. Download Sn0wbreeze 1.4 (I believe, double check that) and create a custom firmware with a stock 3.1.3 ipsw. Then repeat the process with TinyUmbrella and iTunes with the shift+restore.

Read this guide on how to check your bootrom:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Check the Bootrom Version of Your iPhone (Windows)

Default need help
    thanks a lot for your help,when i open spirit,can't connect to the device,do i have to put the phone in recovery mode or dfu mode

i tried to download tinyumbrella but it takes me to a page that wants me to download some program called ifileit. is this the program i should be downloading?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Um yeah that's the host page. You should see a download link for TinyUmbrella on that page...

It's on the bottom click "request download ticket"
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-07-24 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i did that, but then i realized the sim tray is missing out of this freakin phone. i just looked all over for it. is there anyway i can the sim tray from the iphone 2g to fit in and work properly? all it says is insert sim, and doesn't give me an option to restore in itunes... is there any other way i can restore this phone without the sim tray in there?

Default need help
    when i open spirit to jailbreak my phone,i have an error:
    INFO: Now listening for devices...

INFO: read igor/map.plist

INFO: Connected to the AppleMobileDevice.

INFO: Version iPhone2,1_3.1.3

INFO: Connecting to mobilebackup...

INFO: Sending files via AFC.

FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (dl.c:198): 0 == (AMDeviceStartService(dev, service, &it, NULL)) (but it was -402653091)

198What i need to do to fix it?Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, my advice to you is to just update to 4.0.1 and wait it out. With all of the hints being dropped yesterday, the jailbreak should be here in hours (<72) now, rather than days.