Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I signed up to this site to ask TWO questions and then Ill leave you all alone...maybe.

Question I signed up to this site to ask TWO questions and then Ill leave you all alone...maybe.
    First hello forum!

"HI SHANE"

"HI FORUM"

Now that the formal stuff is out of the way.

1. I have a jailbroken 3gs right now and the battery seems to be draining way to fast with everything turned off. So I was thinking to restore it and then jailbreak it again and now heres the question. Which is the best jailbreaking software to use? The software is 3.1.3 by the way.

Which in turn leads me to my SECOND question. Is their a program I can use to back up all of my apps before doing this so once its jailbroken again I can just use a back up to restore everything?

Ladies and Gentleman THANK YOU SO MUCH! You've been the best crowd!

1. Best not to restore again. Too many variables with trying to JB without the new tools. You might end up losing your JB.

2. I don't think there's a program to back up all the programs and restore them properly. iTunes could restore legit apps. Cydia apps, I have no clue. Warez/pirated/cracked apps, not allowed to discuss on this forum.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Just backup your appstored using itunes and your jailbroken app using rock app

Thank you so far.

Your going to need to restore to fix your battery problem. Save your shsh with a program called TinyUmbrella here The Firmware Umbrella.

Save your shsh with tinyumbrella before you restore it's very important if you want to be able to use 3.1.3 firmware on your phone again. If you don't want to restore to the newest update download the firmware for 3.1.3. You can get that here in the download sections.

After you download the firmware hold shift and click restore on iTunes and search for the firmware on your computer and select it, make sure the tinyumbrella server is running while you restore.

You might have to set it up as a new phone and redownload your apps again. Sometimes a backup saves the problem inside of it.

The only jailbreak for 3.1.3 is spirit found here spiritjb.com.
    Good luck!!
    Last edited by PWNsyst3m; 2010-07-24 at 02:39 AM.